Failed to add ThresHold Rule Values in Load test counter. Getting error message. "Could not load file or assembly '****.dll' or one of its dependencies. The Specified module could not be found."

Question

• Hi,

I had follow the steps given in http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms404665%28VS.80%29.aspx link.

1. Open a load test.

2. In the Load Test Editor, expand the Counter Sets node.

3. Expand one of the Counter Categories in one of the Counter Sets. For example, you can select LoadTest:Scenario. Expand the node.

4. Right-click one of the counters, for example, User Load, under LoadTest:Scenario. Select Add Threshold Rule.

The Add Threshold Rule dialog box is displayed.

But when i clicked on Threshold category and right clicked on add new threshold value then an error message appears:

"Could not load file or assembly '****.dll' or one of its dependencies. The Specified module could not be found."

Please guide. I am using trial version of VS 2010. is this problem due to trail version. or any other issue is there.?

Regards,

Jaspinder kaur
    • Edited by JasKaur Wednesday, June 22, 2011 4:56 AM
    Tuesday, May 24, 2011 12:13 PM

All replies

• Hi Jaspinder,

What's the assembly name in below error message:

"Could not load file or assembly '****.dll' or one of its dependencies. The Specified module could not be found."

Thanks, Rubel

http://blogs.msdn.com/rubel/
    Tuesday, May 24, 2011 3:33 PM
  • Hi Rubel,

"Could not load file or assembly 'AbstractFormatIOManaged.d.dll' or one of its dependencies. The Specified module could not be found."

Actually i'm working with this AbstractFormatIOManaged dll. Although this assembly is in the output directory and unit test is able to load this But i don't know why its showing this message while setting the threshold value.

Regards,

Jaspinder kaur
    Wednesday, May 25, 2011 3:56 AM
  • Hi,

Do you see the same error when you try to run the load test without adding the threshold rule.

Thanks,

Anuj

Wednesday, May 25, 2011 5:54 AM
  • Yes...

You are right Anuj. Im getting this message without setting any Threshold Value and when im trying to set it then i am getting this error message.

Please help..

Jaspinder kaur
    Please suggest how to resolve this issue...

Jaspinder kaur
    Thursday, May 26, 2011 1:35 PM
  • Hello Jaspinder,

Thanks for your post. And what about your issue now, have you resolved it?

Could you please try to copy your solution to another machine to see if you can add the Threshold Rule?

Another community member woodchuck84 encountered the similar issue as yours, please check the following thread to see if it is helpful to you:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en/vstswebtest/thread/c36d1677-34ea-4072-8d64-31060fceee76

Thanks,

Vicky Song [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Sunday, May 29, 2011 3:17 AM

• Hi Vicky,

No this issue is yet not resolved I’m still facing same problem.

I had created a dummy project where I’m able to set the threshold values and that is because of I haven’t added any references which I required for my another project and which is actually facing the problem. But this dummy project does not have any references and it have only one test in it. Please see the detail for your references:

#include "stdafx.h"

using namespace System;
    using namespace System::Text;
    using namespace System::Collections::Generic;
    using namespace Microsoft::VisualStudio::TestTools::UnitTesting;

namespace TestProject4
    {
        [TestClass]
        public ref class UnitTest1
        {
        private:
            TestContext^ testContextInstance;

public:

///</summary>
            property Microsoft::VisualStudio::TestTools::UnitTesting::TestContext^ TestContext
            {
                Microsoft::VisualStudio::TestTools::UnitTesting::TestContext^ get()
                {
                    return testContextInstance;
                }
                System::Void set(Microsoft::VisualStudio::TestTools::UnitTesting::TestContext^ value)
                {
                    testContextInstance = value;
                }
            };

[TestMethod]
            void TestMethod1()
            {
                int a, b;
                a=10;
                b=20;
                int c=a+b;
            }
            [TestMethod]
            void TestMehod2()
            {
                int a, b;
                a=10;
                b=20;
                int c=b-a;
            };
        };
    }

When im adding this into Load test than its start working and throwing thresholdvalues.

"The performance counter category 'Memory' cannot be accessed on computer 'A' (The network path was not found) ; check that the category and computer names are correct."

Type Subtype  Count Last Message
    Exception     LoadTestCounterCategoryNotFoundException           1 The performance counter category 'Memory' cannot be accessed on computer 'A' (The network path was not found) ; check that the category and computer names are correct.

How to resolve this issue...

Regards

Wednesday, June 01, 2011 11:48 AM
  • Hi,

Can you check this blog and see if it helps: http://blogs.msdn.com/b/rubel/archive/2011/06/04/issues-while-collecting-counters-during-load-test-execution.aspx

Thanks, Rubel

http://blogs.msdn.com/rubel/
    Monday, June 06, 2011 5:25 PM
  • Hi Rubel,

Im still facing the same issue. When im trying to add Threshold rule then a Alert appears with following message.

"Could not load file or assembly 'AbstractFormatIOManaged.d.dll' or one of its dependencies. the specified module could not be found."

Please suggest how to fix this issue. I'm unable to add Threshold rules to my load test.

Regards,

Jaspinder kaur
    Tuesday, June 21, 2011 6:35 AM