BULK INSERT into a temporary table

Question

• Hello,
    I have a stored procedure that creates a temporary table and carries out a load of actions on it. One of those actions is a BULK INSERT.
    I get a warning about an unresolved reference on the line with the BULK INSERT. All the other actions are fine.
    This looks like a bug to me. Couldn't find anything else in the forum on this, so apologies for the potential duplication.

Cheers,
    Steven
    Tuesday, August 11, 2009 4:18 PM

Answers

All replies

• Can you post the snippet for the bulk insert and the warning message?
    Tuesday, August 11, 2009 4:44 PM
  • Hello,
    I don't currently have access to the script, but it was a straightforward bulk insert into a temporary table that was created further up the stored procedure.
    The warning was an "unresolved reference" one referring to the temporary table.
    I think my original message is pretty self explanatory.

Cheers,
    Steven

Monday, August 17, 2009 4:19 PM
  • Thanks for reporting this, we'll look into improving this area in our next release.  In GDR the only solution to get rid of this warning is to supress it.
    Wednesday, August 19, 2009 3:53 AM
  • Hello,
    I'm sorry, but this is not the solution. I want to see if I have broken references in my objects, so suggesting a suppression of that warning cannot really be classified as a solution. I guess I will have to live with it.
    I'm increasingly getting the impression that we are beta testing for you guys.
    Anyway, I assume from your response, that this is another bug, that will not be dealt with in the foreseeable future...

Cheers,
    Steven
    Friday, August 21, 2009 11:17 AM
  • You can supress the warning at file level to reduce the scope of the supression.
    GertD @ www.DBProj.com
    Saturday, August 22, 2009 5:27 PM