none
Protect against WPAPPPatcher

Question

• Hi,

i have found a webpage today where the people are pirating all Windows Phone APPs from the Marketplace and i have found also three of my APPs on this page. i like that the people are paying for my APP. is there a way to protect my APP againt this tool? Maybe a way to check it directly from inside the APP.

Helge

Friday, March 01, 2013 8:10 PM

All replies

• Hi,

is there no way to protect my apps against this tool?

it would help me also if i could determine if the user is using a jailbreaked phone.

Helge

Thursday, March 07, 2013 8:25 PM
  • Apps are encrypted now and I don't think it has been broken, so that are rather some older versions of apps that are pirated. If you want additional protection you can try this:

http://www.geekchamp.com/tips/protect-your-windows-phone-app-against--casual--piracy?item=337343

Monday, March 11, 2013 10:06 AM
  • Hi,

thanks for your help. but i have to say that all apps are still crackable, also with the new encryption.

My solution is now to disable the possibility to test the APP. Ive published two versions now, a full versión and a limited free version.

Helge

Wednesday, March 20, 2013 8:50 AM
  • I just read some cracker forums, from their bad-user's feedbacks  it seems that Instagraph cannot be hacked !!
    I just implemented my old trick: http://www.geekchamp.com/tips/protect-your-windows-phone-app-against--casual--piracy .
    So it seems to be still valid against WPAppPatcher too ;)

It's funny, I start to monitor against hacking starting from some days after installation, not immediately.
    So these poor users just had the illusion to use my App for free.
    LOL these "hackers" just helped me to promote Instagraph :D

Venetasoft

• Proposed as answer by Venetasoft Friday, July 05, 2013 2:22 AM
    • Edited by Venetasoft Friday, July 05, 2013 2:23 AM fixxx
    Friday, July 05, 2013 1:12 AM
  • The downside is a harder ranking climbing as they count as two separated apps...

Venetasoft

Friday, July 05, 2013 1:32 AM
  • thats true, but i can live with it. Its not perfect, but it works for the moment
    Friday, July 05, 2013 1:53 AM
  • Wrong, I just passed 1 MILLION downloads for my protected App (Instagraph), 0 piracy.

Venetasoft

Wednesday, October 16, 2013 3:16 PM