none
Issue with LookupSet() expression when exporting to Excel or PDF

Question

• Hi, I am using LookupSet() in my matrix report and when I export this report to Excel or PDF this text box shows error. Could you please let me know a work around for this problem. I am using SQL Server 2008 R2 Reporting Services.

Thanks in advance.………

Ione

• Edited by ione721 Thursday, July 18, 2013 11:06 PM incomplete
    Thursday, July 18, 2013 6:25 PM

Answers

• Can you write down the expression used in your LookupSet? Also, can you say whether the fields are coming directly from your dataset query or are you making some calculations in your dataset?

I remember facing a similar kind of error before where the report showed up fine but when we exported it, it came as error.

It was a bug as far as I remember, and it occurred because I was using a calculated field in the dataset, which was then used in the LookupSet expression. So instead of making it as a calculated field, I just made it as a calculation in my query and then it worked fine. Might not be the same in your case but thought I would mention it.

Cheers,
    Jason | www.SqlJason.com
    P.S. : Please click the 'Mark as Answer' button if a post solves your problem! :)

Some Random Thoughts

Follow me on Twitter

• Marked as answer by ione721 Friday, July 19, 2013 5:33 AM
    Friday, July 19, 2013 3:41 AM

All replies

• Can you write down the expression used in your LookupSet? Also, can you say whether the fields are coming directly from your dataset query or are you making some calculations in your dataset?

I remember facing a similar kind of error before where the report showed up fine but when we exported it, it came as error.

It was a bug as far as I remember, and it occurred because I was using a calculated field in the dataset, which was then used in the LookupSet expression. So instead of making it as a calculated field, I just made it as a calculation in my query and then it worked fine. Might not be the same in your case but thought I would mention it.

Cheers,
    Jason | www.SqlJason.com
    P.S. : Please click the 'Mark as Answer' button if a post solves your problem! :)

Some Random Thoughts

Follow me on Twitter

• Marked as answer by ione721 Friday, July 19, 2013 5:33 AM
    Friday, July 19, 2013 3:41 AM
  • Thanks very much Jason, this worked.

Ione

Friday, July 19, 2013 5:35 AM