none
Entity Framework for Windows Mobile Compact Framework

Question

• Hi,

I know that Entity Framework is at its earliest stages and evolves day by day.
    I have also heard that its the future data access technology of choice that Microsoft will promote and support.

So, I'd like to know, are there any plans to port EF to the .NET Compact Framework for Windows Mobile development or is it an impossible scenario?

Thanks in advance
    Sunday, December 20, 2009 10:17 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hello,

I will consult the product team to see whether we have such plan to include EF in .NET Compact Framework and get back to you as soon as possible.

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year!

Best Regards,
    Lingzhi Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    Friday, December 25, 2009 1:20 AM
  • Hello again,

From the product team’s feedback, it is not in the current plan.  But they have discussed this problem, it may happen in some future releases.

Best Regards,
    Lingzhi Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    Friday, December 25, 2009 8:32 AM
  • Thank you very much for digging up this subject for me.

I guess we' ll have to wait and see the whole EF concept evolve. I'm sure that this new trend will not leave the .NET CF Team untouched..

Thanks again and
    Merry Christmas and Happy New Year from Greece!

Best Regards,
    Stamatis Kokkinos
    Saturday, December 26, 2009 11:50 AM
  • Thank you very much! 

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year from China!  :)

Best Regards,
    Lingzhi Sun

Saturday, December 26, 2009 2:32 PM