none
XML API example

Question

• After months of on again, off again effort with the PHP API, I finally gave up on it.  I came very close to completing the "go-live" process on my web app but encountered a couple requirements that it couldn't handle.  Very frustrating.  I'm sure the author will say it can be done if only you can dig deep enough into the code to infer the solution.  Without documentation you might as well just write your own using the XML API.  That is what I have concluded.

So now I need an example of how to do that.  I can see all the methods here:

https://developer.healthvault.com/pages/methods/methods.aspx

Please provide an example of how to execute one of them in php or javascript.

Here's some pseudo code of what I need to do:

1.  Check if user is already logged into healthvault.  If yes go to step 3 else continue

2. Log into healthvault and return to web app when done

3. Check if user has permission to retrieve a thing.  If yes continue else tell user how to turn on permission and stop.

4. Create a filter which will retrieve a list of all things of that thingid and present the list to the user.

5. User selects one and the thing is displayed.

Wednesday, May 21, 2014 4:34 PM

Answers

All replies

• The simplest way to learn how the native HealthVault XML methods can be invoked is to install one of the SDK's that is already doing this ( .Net or Java will work ) and then run one of the sample applications and capture the request/response interaction using a tool like fiddler.

-Sean

Friday, May 23, 2014 7:10 PM
  • Sean,

I had read that idea elsewhere which is why I've been trying to get .Net's HelloWorld.sln working.  So far no luck as usual.  See my post here:  http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/4bfbb18e-8ec4-4bfd-a6c7-75c257999e7e/how-to-get-a-healthvault-net-sdk-example-to-run?forum=healthvault&prof=required

Maybe I'll try the Java version.

Greg

Saturday, May 24, 2014 3:27 PM