none
Report error

Question

• Hi,

I am getting a below error when I am executing the report.

An error has occurred during report processing. (rsProcessingAborted)
    Query execution failed for dataset 'DataSet1'. (rsErrorExecutingCommand)
    For more information about this error navigate to the report server on the local server machine, or enable remote errors

Regards,

kccrga

Tuesday, December 17, 2013 11:01 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Kccrga,

Based on the current error message, I understand that you may have deployed the report to Report Server. And the issue may occur because you have no Execution permission about “DataSet1”.

To check whether my thought is correct, please navigate to C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQLXX\Reporting Services\LogFiles to view the error details. If it’s case, you should open the SQL Server Management Studio, and right click the respective database and select properties. Under Properties add the following user if not existing already: NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE. At last, you need to give the "Select" and "Execute" permissions to the NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE.

If the issue persists, please post the error log to the forum, I will provide further help.

Regards,
    Heidi Duan

Heidi Duan
    TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, December 18, 2013 1:48 AM
  • Below is the error message.

library!ReportServer_0-2!27ac!12/18/2013-15:38:30:: e ERROR: Throwing Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.Utilities.ReportServerStorageException: , An error occurred within the report server database.  This may be due to a connection failure, timeout or low disk condition within the database.;
    session!ReportServer_0-2!27ac!12/18/2013-15:38:30:: e ERROR: Error in GetSnapshotData: Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.Utilities.ReportServerStorageException: An error occurred within the report server database.  This may be due to a connection failure, timeout or low disk condition within the database. ---> System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Timeout expired.  The timeout period elapsed prior to completion of the operation or the server is not responding.
     at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection)

Wednesday, December 18, 2013 5:33 AM
  • I also few error messages as below.

at Microsoft.ReportingServices.OnDemandProcessing.RuntimeDataSet.RunEmbeddedQuery(Boolean& readerExtensionsSupported, Boolean& readerFieldProperties, List`1 queryParams, Object[] paramValues)
       at Microsoft.ReportingServices.OnDemandProcessing.RuntimeDataSet.RunDataSetQueryAndProcessAsIRowConsumer(Boolean processAsIRowConsumer)
       at Microsoft.ReportingServices.OnDemandProcessing.TablixProcessing.RuntimeOnDemandDataSet.Process()
       at Microsoft.ReportingServices.OnDemandProcessing.RuntimeDataSet.ProcessConcurrent(Object threadSet)
    processing!ReportServer_0-4!8568!12/18/2013-14:51:11:: i INFO: DataPrefetch abort handler called for Report with ID=. Aborting data sources ...
    processing!ReportServer_0-4!8568!12/18/2013-14:51:11:: e ERROR: Throwing Microsoft.ReportingServices.ReportProcessing.ProcessingAbortedException: , Microsoft.ReportingServices.ReportProcessing.ProcessingAbortedException: An error has occurred during report processing. ---> Microsoft.ReportingServices.ReportProcessing.ReportProcessingException: Query execution failed for dataset 'DataSet1'. ---> System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: A severe error occurred on the current command.  The results, if any, should be discarded.
    A severe error occurred on the current command.  The results, if any, should be discarded.
       at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection)
       at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj)
       at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.Run(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj)

Wednesday, December 18, 2013 6:02 AM
  • Hi Kccrga,

Thanks for your posting.

The error "System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Timeout expired.  The timeout period elapsed prior to completion of the operation or the server is not responding" means the connection to the SQL Server Reporting Services Report Server catalog database is timeout.

By default, the default number of seconds after which a connection to the report server database times out is 120. While rendering a report, the reporting services need to store the exection information back to the report server database. The will cause the connection to be active. Once the connection is active more than 120 seconds, we will get the Timeout expired error.

In this case, we can limit the returned data or increase the value for timeout.
    To set the default timeout value, please follow these steps:

1. Open the rsreportserver.config with Text Editior (e.g. Visual Studio, NotePad). By default, it is hosted in C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSRSXX.MSSQLSERVER\Reporting Services\ReportServer
    2. Change the value for 'DatabaseQueryTimeout'. Valid values range from 0 to 2147483647. A value of 0 specifies an unlimited wait time and therefore is not recommended.
    3. Save the file, and then restart the Reporting Services to apply the change.

For more information about 'DatabaseQueryTimeout', please see:
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms157273.aspx

Hope this helps.

Regards,
    Heidi Duan

Heidi Duan

Thursday, December 19, 2013 6:33 AM
  • I have fixed the issue by removed the duplicate rows from the dataset. Erroneous data which caused the issue. 

Monday, December 23, 2013 12:42 AM
  • Hi Kccrga,

Thanks for your posting.

I am glad to hear that you have resovled the issue and share the solution to the forum. It will beneficial for whom have similar issues to resolve.

Regards,
    Heidi Duan

Heidi Duan

Monday, December 23, 2013 1:17 AM