none
how could I save depth/skeleton data to file in v1 (if theirs a difference i should be aware off)?

Question

• how would i save depth/skeleton data to file using v1 sdk?  Im wanting to save like this project does for beta 2:

https://github.com/yoshikinoko/KinectRecorder

except I want to combine the skeleton data together into animations because he saves images and specific frames of skeleton data but i want to put them together for animations for specific amounts of time.  i would like to convert the guys project above to v1 because it seems promising. I hope owner will help me in converting to v1 commerical sdk because i have a project i think his code would be useful for im getting ready to do.

Im doing this for a sign language kinect project someone recommend because it might be useful at my work also.

But heres the my goal for why im wanting to do the above:

1. capture depth/skeleton data into an animation type file for prerecorded animations of me doing the specific sign language sign.

2. capture the depth/skeleton data from player and compare against my many prerecorded animations of sign language (which the recordings i will not want to set settings for each one to get it right unless automatically in code but as long as i can compare skeleton animations or depth animation data i will be fine with that) and then go to step 3

3. Tell the tts (text-to-speech) engine to speak the word.

I think this project will help people so i will start a codeplex page for people wanting to contribute specifically to this project and/or just make improvements.

If the old forum posts about this would still work i would use them.

Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth. - "Sherlock holmes" "speak softly and carry a big stick" - theodore roosevelt. Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering - Yoda

• Edited by The Thinker Friday, February 24, 2012 2:34 AM
    Friday, February 24, 2012 2:22 AM