none
Xbox 360 *Kinect* As A WebCam For Pc

Question

• I need Step By Step Instructions I've Found Forums Regarding Nothing I'm Looking For
    Could Anyone Help me Setup My Computer To Use The Kinect As A Webcam. All The Drivers Be Installed And The Kinect Itself Is Blinking
    The SDK Kinect Skeletal Viewer Is Also Working The Only Thing That Don't Work Is It Being Recognized By Skype
    Saturday, December 24, 2011 10:48 PM

All replies

• Please see this thread on using kinect camera with skype:
    http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/kinectsdk/thread/4ee6e7ca-123d-4838-82b6-e5816bf6529c

The thread owner talks about using it with skype and has updated the file for beta 2. Skim through it to the 10th post and follow all instructions and updates up to 10th post and you should be good to go! resvr32 is a program for registering dlls and filters and makes his filter in the thread above make the kinect appear as a camera.

Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth. - "Sherlock holmes" "speak softly and carry a big stick" - theodore roosevelt. Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering - Yoda
    • Proposed as answer by The Thinker Thursday, December 29, 2011 4:49 PM
    Tuesday, December 27, 2011 3:24 PM
  • If this answered your question can you please mark it answered?

Or if its close and helpful please mark helpful.

Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth. - "Sherlock holmes" "speak softly and carry a big stick" - theodore roosevelt. Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering - Yoda

• Edited by The Thinker Wednesday, December 28, 2011 2:44 PM
    • Proposed as answer by The Thinker Tuesday, January 03, 2012 4:15 PM
    Wednesday, December 28, 2011 2:44 PM