The INSERT INTO statement contains the following unknown field name

General discussion

• Using MS Access 2007 GUI, I created an append Query, as I always have since version 2003, where I am trying to append records froma a temporary to a master table, all fields match, and keep getting the message:

The INSERT INTO statement contains the following unknown field name: <field name>. Make sure you have typed the name correctly, and try the operation again.(Error 3127)

In this case the field name is [Program], in both tables.  However, it dosn't seem to matter as I've tried this with other append queries since I upgraded to 2007 and have the same problem.  MS Access created the SQL code, as I usually let it do.

Has something in 2007 changed this process or is this a bug?

(I apologize ahead of time in case I have posted this in the wrong forum.)
    • Changed type Yichun Feng Monday, April 06, 2009 3:45 AM Don't follow up in three days
    Monday, March 30, 2009 2:28 PM

All replies

• Hi ezzerider,

What type of your application? Is it VBA?

Best Regards

Yichun Feng

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    Tuesday, March 31, 2009 5:15 AM
  • Hi ezzerider,

We are changing the issue type to “Comment” because you have not followed up with the necessary information. If you have more time to look at the issue and provide more information, please feel free to change the issue type back to “Question” by editing your initial post and changing the radio button at the top of the post editor window. If the issue is resolved, we will appreciate it if you can share the solution so that the answer can be found and used by other community members having similar questions.

Best Regards

Yichun Feng

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    Monday, April 06, 2009 3:45 AM