none
Set wrdApp = CreateObject("Word.Application")

Question

•  

Hi there

I'm having difficulty with an old piece of code that has always worked in the past.  I have a macro which copies a series of named ranges out of Excel and pastes them into corresponding bookmarks in a word template.  I have used this succcessfully in ther past but now when I go to use it after a six month break, I get a "Runtime error 13" - type mismatch at the following line of code;

I have declared "wrdApp" in the Dim section as follows;

Dim wrdApp As Word.Application

All of the resources I have read show this as being correct, and as I say, it has worked fine in the past so I am cmpletely at a loss as to why it wont work now.  I have all of the same references in my project and can't hink of anything else that has changed.  I'd be really gratefuly for any suggestions

Cheers

Steve

Thursday, October 02, 2008 11:02 AM

All replies

• I have no idea.

Just try this please.

Dim wrdApp As Object

Thursday, October 02, 2008 12:34 PM
  • have you moved the word template to a different location?

Friday, October 03, 2008 4:00 PM
  • Hi there

Thanks for this, it get' me past the type mismatch error.  The issue I have found subsequently is that there are properties which seem to be specific to the word class which I can use in the object class.  I think I can find a way around this though.  Thanks for your help.

Cheers
    Steve
    Tuesday, October 07, 2008 11:11 AM
  • It's still in the same place in the directory tree in relation to the file that calls it, so I don't think it should be a problem, but I'm not 100% sure.
    Tuesday, October 07, 2008 11:28 AM