none
Could not find any resources appropriate for the specified culture or the neutral culture

Question

• The NTLM version of our site works fine, but the Forms based authentication version shows this error on any page with Commerce Server web parts.

Server Error in '/' Application.

Could not find any resources appropriate for the specified culture or the neutral culture.  Make sure "Resources.CatalogResources.resources" was correctly embedded or linked into assembly "App_GlobalResources.xaf_5q4z" at compile time, or that all the satellite assemblies required are loadable and fully signed.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Resources.MissingManifestResourceException: Could not find any resources appropriate for the specified culture or the neutral culture.  Make sure "Resources.CatalogResources.resources" was correctly embedded or linked into assembly "App_GlobalResources.xaf_5q4z" at compile time, or that all the satellite assemblies required are loadable and fully signed.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[MissingManifestResourceException: Could not find any resources appropriate for the specified culture or the neutral culture.  Make sure "Resources.CatalogResources.resources" was correctly embedded or linked into assembly "App_GlobalResources.xaf_5q4z" at compile time, or that all the satellite assemblies required are loadable and fully signed.]
       System.Resources.ResourceManager.InternalGetResourceSet(CultureInfo culture, Boolean createIfNotExists, Boolean tryParents) +7676190
       System.Resources.ResourceManager.InternalGetResourceSet(CultureInfo culture, Boolean createIfNotExists, Boolean tryParents) +583
       System.Resources.ResourceManager.InternalGetResourceSet(CultureInfo culture, Boolean createIfNotExists, Boolean tryParents) +583
       System.Resources.ResourceManager.GetObject(String name, CultureInfo culture, Boolean wrapUnmanagedMemStream) +47
       System.Resources.ResourceManager.GetObject(String name, CultureInfo culture) +11
       System.Web.Compilation.BaseResXResourceProvider.GetObject(String resourceKey, CultureInfo culture) +80
       System.Web.Compilation.ResourceExpressionBuilder.GetResourceObject(IResourceProvider resourceProvider, String resourceKey, CultureInfo culture, Type objType, String propName) +21
       System.Web.Compilation.ResourceExpressionBuilder.GetGlobalResourceObject(String classKey, String resourceKey, Type objType, String propName, CultureInfo culture) +28
       System.Web.HttpContext.GetGlobalResourceObject(String classKey, String resourceKey, CultureInfo culture) +12
       Microsoft.Commerce.Portal.Common.SiteContext.GetLocalizedString(ResourceName resourceName, String resourceKey) +70
       Microsoft.Commerce.Portal.UI.Catalog.WebParts.ProductQuery.IsWebPartValid() +74
       Microsoft.Commerce.Portal.UI.Catalog.WebParts.ProductQuery.OnPreRender(EventArgs e) +49
       System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +80
       System.Web.UI.WebControls.WebParts.WebPart.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +42
       System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +171
       System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +842

Wednesday, April 01, 2009 7:38 PM

Answers

• Not sure what happened, but i copied the entire App_GlobalResources folder from the working site to the new site, and now it works
    • Marked as answer by Jaybuffet Wednesday, April 01, 2009 9:33 PM
    Wednesday, April 01, 2009 9:33 PM

All replies

• Check that the Commerce Server Feature and the Commerce Server WebPart resources Feature are active in your web application in SharePoint.
    If you are customizing the Extensibility kit, remove all CS2009 assemblies from the GAC and re-install them into the GAC. Then do an iisreset.
    Wednesday, April 01, 2009 9:03 PM
  • I am not using the Extensibility kit.  Its strange.  I have 2 sites:  1 is with Windows Auth and the other is FBA.  Thats all that is different.  If I go to the Windows Auth site, the pages work (even if I am not logged in).  If I go to the FBA site, I get that error for each web part (on pages with CS webparts)
    Wednesday, April 01, 2009 9:13 PM
  • Not sure what happened, but i copied the entire App_GlobalResources folder from the working site to the new site, and now it works
    • Marked as answer by Jaybuffet Wednesday, April 01, 2009 9:33 PM
    Wednesday, April 01, 2009 9:33 PM