Any example of having multiple categories in a WWF Designer toolbox?

Question

• Can anyone provide an example of a toolbox used with the WWF designer that has multiple categories? All the examples I have seen use a listbox and I don't know how you would add multiple categories to that. I don't mind using either the abstract ToolboxService or an IToolboxService derived class but would prefer the former and would also like to be able to show a decent drag and drop along with icons for the toolbox items.

Thanks, Dave

Thursday, October 25, 2007 5:53 AM

Answers

•  

Do you mean in an application that is rehosting the workflow designer ?

If so , you'd probably get better help by posting in the winforms forum about rehosting the VS toolbox.

Friday, November 09, 2007 8:59 PM

All replies

• I am using a treeview as the toolbox GUI and the top nodes would be the categories but I use nodes in the subtree just fine as ToolboxItems so I'm not sure what advantage implementing categories does for me.

Can anyone explain the advantages?

Thanks,

Dave

Thursday, November 01, 2007 2:48 PM
  •  

Do you mean in an application that is rehosting the workflow designer ?

If so , you'd probably get better help by posting in the winforms forum about rehosting the VS toolbox.

Friday, November 09, 2007 8:59 PM
  • Good idea - thanks!

Anyone else doing a workflow designer app dealt with this?

I have not implemented categories yet use  a treeview and everything works fine so am not sure of the advantage. I am guessing you must implement categories if you want to allow the user to dynamically update the categories but my app will not do that so would like to know if there are any other reasons to do so.

Thanks,

Dave

Saturday, November 10, 2007 9:51 PM