none
Initiate voice call using WINCE device after pairing with any other device via bluetooth.

Question

• Hi,

We have a WINCE device device which handles codec Audio. We have to develop one application which will initiate voice call from WINCE device. WINCE device is paired with the phone via bluetooth which is connected to the 3G network.

We are using Audio gateway feature with TAPI but it is not working.

Any suggestion is most welcome.

Regards

Swarup

Tuesday, March 15, 2011 8:33 AM

All replies

•  

Hi Swarup,

Would you please tell us more information about how to use Audio gateway feature with TAPI, what problems did you encounter?

Best regards,

Jesse

Jesse Jiang [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Thursday, March 17, 2011 7:49 AM
  • Hi Jesse,

Thanks fro your response.

We are using Microsoft AG code available inside the WINCE folder.

The network component of the code present in the folder supposed to use TAPI to intiate voice call from the WINCE device. We are just throwing a ball blindly to get some idea but don't know it will fulfill our reqmt. Below is our reqmt and would like to get some idea from you to implement it.

We have a challenge, The WINCE device doesn't have the SIM card facility which can initiate voice call. However, the device has bluetooth capability which can pair with any cellular phone. Our requirement is to initiate voice call from WINCE device. 

Can you suggest which technology we will use to implement our reqmt. I'm purely new to Bluetooth tech. Please provide some sample code if you have for this reqmt.

My knowledge:

1. I can easily do bluetooth pairing from WINCE device to any phone by using WINCE API.

2. We can send and receive data to/from any phone.

Thanks in advance.

Thursday, March 17, 2011 1:20 PM
  •  

Hi Swarup,

I just found some sample codes in Windows mobile SDK, I hope these samples can help you. You can find the folder path in these document

Bluetooth Device Discovery

Chatting over Bluetooth

Best regards,

Jesse

Jesse Jiang [MSFT]
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Tuesday, March 22, 2011 11:54 AM
  • Hi Jesse,

I have already developed the application using above. Unable to do following things, please help me

1. After pairing my nokia phone to WINCE device via bluetooth, I need to initiate voice call from WINCE device(Which doesn't have SIM card). The WINCE device should behave as handsfree.

Tuesday, March 22, 2011 2:26 PM
  •  

Hi Swarup,

I found out a sample code about wave record in Windows CE. It is in the Windows Embedded CE 6.0 SDK %_PUBLICROOT%\COMMON\SDK\SAMPLES\AUDIO\ folder. If you did not install the SDK, I upload this sample code on skydriver, and please download it. I hope it can help you to solve this problem.

Download

Best regards,

Jesse

Jesse Jiang [MSFT]

Wednesday, March 23, 2011 7:47 AM
  • Hi Jesse,

Thanks for your response. I think I could not communicate you properly. Here are the below requirement

1. User has to initiate voice call from WINCE device(which doesn't have SIM card) after pairing with another phone(Where physical SIM card present) via blluetooth.The call should be initiated from WINCE device

Regards

Swarup

Wednesday, March 23, 2011 11:58 AM