none
foxpro source code for payroll

Question

• Hai,

Can any body kindly point me to a link or give me source code developed in visual foxpro with forms, reports, prg etc for payroll or inventory preferably payrool for learning purpose only.

I just wanted to learn creating grid, data entry form, report writer etc from a good vfp project.  bcz it is very difficult to learn from books or help. 

A person becomes very good programmer even if he works 6 months in programming.

I am good at foxpro for dos 2.6a and foxpro for windows 2.6a and SQL 

Thursday, January 31, 2008 6:01 AM

Answers

• Nobody will give you this information for free.  A good payroll system takes Thousands of hours of development.

Hire someone to help you, you should be able to find some qualified people near you who will help you get over the hump and get rolling on the Object Oriented style of programming.  It takes a bit of money but at least you can move forward.

Fox 2x and VFP are quite different, it will take years to get rolling by yourself without some assistance.  I started in 1991 with Fox and still learn everyday.  I would never have made it to where I am by myself, I had many one on one classes with excellent programmers ( *Marcia and Andy )  to get my head on straight.   Otherwise I would still be floundering.

Thursday, January 31, 2008 6:39 AM
  • VFP comes with solution samples + a Tastrade application. Tastrade might be what you're looking for. It might serve as a starter.

Thursday, January 31, 2008 10:22 AM

All replies

• Nobody will give you this information for free.  A good payroll system takes Thousands of hours of development.

Hire someone to help you, you should be able to find some qualified people near you who will help you get over the hump and get rolling on the Object Oriented style of programming.  It takes a bit of money but at least you can move forward.

Fox 2x and VFP are quite different, it will take years to get rolling by yourself without some assistance.  I started in 1991 with Fox and still learn everyday.  I would never have made it to where I am by myself, I had many one on one classes with excellent programmers ( *Marcia and Andy )  to get my head on straight.   Otherwise I would still be floundering.

Thursday, January 31, 2008 6:39 AM
  • VFP comes with solution samples + a Tastrade application. Tastrade might be what you're looking for. It might serve as a starter.

Thursday, January 31, 2008 10:22 AM
  • Hi Lakshmi,

As per my experience for DOS programmers upgrading to VFP 9.0 is very easy. Really I forgot your e-mail address. Just click a mail I can help you. No problem. I can send my development samples for you.

From

PARAMU

Tuesday, February 05, 2008 10:48 AM
  • interestingly enough in another language you could likely easily find an open source version, but generally with foxpro there is a lack of open source projects?
    Thursday, February 07, 2008 10:34 PM