Multitouch Drivers for HP TX2 from n-trig?

Question

• Have someone get enabled Multi-Touch on the HP TouchSmart TX2, when yes: How?

Wednesday, September 14, 2011 12:04 PM

Answers

• Its tricky, but i did it.

Get the driver installer started (win 7 works).

When you get to the screen right before where it says there is a fatal error, dont press finish (or start, or next, dont remember the exact wording), press Win-R, type

%TEMP%

and on that folder, locate the folder with the last modification time. Go into it, and under that folder you should find an executable file named "dpinst.exe". Run it with administrative privileges and it will properly get the drivers in place. Then everything touch related works great.

Wednesday, September 14, 2011 3:01 PM

All replies

• I see 4 touch points work in the PaintPlay app, but there are many, many glitches.

• Precision is flaky. I see waves in straight lines I draw.
    • At contact or release, multi-touches sometimes cause irrelevant lines. It might simply be a bug in the app itself.
    • Everywhere in Windows 8 (not only PaintPlay), I can't touch to open an app or press a button. I see the visual cue that the touch was detected, and I can swipe to scroll, but can't perform "clicks". I have to use the touchpad.

Wednesday, September 14, 2011 2:49 PM
  • Its tricky, but i did it.

Get the driver installer started (win 7 works).

When you get to the screen right before where it says there is a fatal error, dont press finish (or start, or next, dont remember the exact wording), press Win-R, type

%TEMP%

and on that folder, locate the folder with the last modification time. Go into it, and under that folder you should find an executable file named "dpinst.exe". Run it with administrative privileges and it will properly get the drivers in place. Then everything touch related works great.

Wednesday, September 14, 2011 3:01 PM
  • That worked for me :)  Thanks....
    why do you robot?
    Wednesday, September 14, 2011 7:44 PM
  • Awesome! Works great. Thank you.
    Wednesday, September 14, 2011 8:18 PM
  • it really worked!!
    Friday, September 16, 2011 11:34 AM
  • Are any of you all running Win8 on tx2s able to get the full 1400x900 screen resolution?  Mine seems to allow only 1280x800.
    -- Perry
    Friday, September 16, 2011 3:48 PM