none
Can I : set up a distributed database system by sql server 2005 express?

Question

•  Hi, I am zeronet. I decide to set up our own web system application just like Ebay. Because of the low investment, I want to select a free DB for our data storage. For high performance, we want to set up a distributed db system. As a beginner of SQL server 2005 express, we want to know: if the SQL-server-2005-express has that ability to manage large amout data and to do with this work? I am eager to hear of your advice.

Thanks.

yours

zeronet

Wednesday, October 24, 2007 3:40 PM

Answers

• Your database must be less than 4gig in size and you cannot use more than 1gig of ram.  Hope this helps.

Wednesday, October 24, 2007 3:49 PM

All replies

• Your database must be less than 4gig in size and you cannot use more than 1gig of ram.  Hope this helps.

Wednesday, October 24, 2007 3:49 PM
  • Thanks, Caddre. It's great help to me. And I am surprised by your such quick response. I will find more ways to solve this problem and get high performance. Thanks again.

Wednesday, October 24, 2007 4:15 PM
  • I am glad I could help.  If you want to use features like full text you could use the Express Advanced, but you have to uninstall the standard Express and full text must be enabled because it is manual by default. 

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/express/bb410792.aspx

Wednesday, October 24, 2007 4:35 PM
  • I am glad to get help from you. Thanks again. Another question: did you means that the 4gig limitation is about to single db file or else? I hope I am not disturbing you for that simple question. ^_^

Good luck.

zeronet.

Thursday, October 25, 2007 1:16 AM
  • 4gig is the size limit for one database but with 1gig of ram and 1CPU you may only run two databases per installation.

Thursday, October 25, 2007 1:37 AM