none
Visual FoxPro on Windows 7

Question

• I have just installed Visual FoxPro 9.0 on to a Windows 7 (32 bit) box.  When I go to create a form, the ".sct" (memo) file does not automatically save with the ".scx" file (or it is corrupted immediatly upon save).  So, when I attempt to re-open the form, I get an error message stating that the .sct file is missing or invalid.  Has anyone else experienced this behavior?  I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling VFP, to no avail. 
    Monday, February 01, 2010 9:40 PM

Answers

All replies

• Check below thread

Please "Mark as Answer" if this post answered your question. :)

Kalpesh Chhatrala | Software Developer | Rajkot | India

Kalpesh's Blog
    Tuesday, February 02, 2010 4:29 AM
  • Check for a misconfigured virusscanner. Some of them treat the "SCT" extension as evil. Best is to exclude your data and project directories from scanning.

wOOdy
    Microsoft Visual FoxPro Technology Advisor
    Microsoft "Most Valuable Professional" from 1996 to 2009
    Visit my XING profile! Don't know what XING is?

*´¨)
    ¸.·´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)
    (¸.·´. (¸.·` *
    .·`.Visual FoxPro: It's magic !
    (¸.·``··*

Tuesday, February 02, 2010 10:16 AM
  • Are you using Kespersky Antivirus ?

Please "Mark as Answer" if this post answered your question. :)

Kalpesh Chhatrala | Software Developer | Rajkot | India

Kalpesh's Blog
    Tuesday, February 02, 2010 10:54 AM
  • I have just installed Visual FoxPro 9.0 on to a Windows 7 (32 bit) box.  When I go to create a form, the ".sct" (memo) file does not automatically save with the ".scx" file (or it is corrupted immediatly upon save).  So, when I attempt to re-open the form, I get an error message stating that the .sct file is missing or invalid.  Has anyone else experienced this behavior?  I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling VFP, to no avail. 
    Many users report the same for memo type files (sct, vct, pjt, fpt ...). They also report that the solution is configuring the antivirus software and adjust user access rights.
    Tuesday, February 02, 2010 12:07 PM
  • No, I am using Microsoft Security Essentials.
    Tuesday, February 02, 2010 11:52 PM
  • I have just changed the cofiguration of my antivirus software (Microsoft Security Essentials) and set it to exclude .sct and .scx files.  The problem persists.  I will look into user access rights, thanks.
    Tuesday, February 02, 2010 11:57 PM
  • Make sure you're not trying to save files to Program Files or Windows folders
    Craig Berntson MCSD, Visual FoxPro MVP www.craigberntson.com
    Wednesday, February 03, 2010 3:36 PM
  • Hi danmc,

Does this help? If you have any further questions or concerns, please feel free to let us know.

Thank you All for your friendly help.

Best regards,

Martin Xie

MSDN Subscriber Support in Forum

If you have any feedback on our support, please contact msdnmg@microsoft.com

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    Monday, February 08, 2010 5:15 AM