none
Kinect SDK drivers

Question

• Hi all,

i've been programming my software with official kinect drivers with success, but i accidentally unplugged the usb cable, and now i get an error when windows update try to get the right drivers.

I'm sure that the device is powered. 

Below a screen from my device manager.

My configuration:

Sony Vaio VGN-FW11E
    Windows 7 x64 Ultimate 
    Intel core 2 Duo CPU P8400 @ 2.26GHz
    3GB RAM
    Microsoft Kinect SDK x64 

More information:
    i've got another pc with more or less the same configuration and the same problem, but i thought it happened due to my dumbness(i've installed microsoft sdk drivers without uninstalling primesense drivers). The odd thing is that every time i plug and unplug the kinect, windows always tries to get it's drivers...that should not be happening.

EDIT:
    i tried uninstalling the drivers from device manager and reinstalling the sdk, but anything happened, always the same error. 

Thanks,

Riccardo Arena (hjeldin)

Monday, February 06, 2012 12:59 AM

Answers

• You need to unplug the power outlet to wall part of the kinect too before reinstalling kinect drivers.

Here is my guide in which most problems can be solved with the newest kienct version because they are general troubleshooting steps and i have linked to some guides that have probably been updated too by now:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/kinectsdk/thread/d0eeb269-2c3f-4a40-8b65-9d6b8dcae147

Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth. - "Sherlock holmes" "speak softly and carry a big stick" - theodore roosevelt. Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering - Yoda

• Edited by The Thinker Tuesday, February 07, 2012 7:23 PM
    • Proposed as answer by The Thinker Tuesday, February 07, 2012 7:23 PM
    • Marked as answer by Riccardo Arena Thursday, February 09, 2012 2:20 AM
    Tuesday, February 07, 2012 7:20 PM

All replies

• I've had this problem before. Ensure that you are connecting the Kinect to a USB controller with sufficient bandwidth (i.e. remove all other USB devices like webcams which may be chewing through it). You should be fine with just a mouse and keyboard sharing the same USB controller as your Kinect.
    Clever, witty forum signature.
    Monday, February 06, 2012 1:27 AM
  • Yes, i've read that there is this kind of problem but it's not my case: i've disconnected everything before plugging the kinect.
    Monday, February 06, 2012 2:24 AM
  • You need to unplug the power outlet to wall part of the kinect too before reinstalling kinect drivers.

Here is my guide in which most problems can be solved with the newest kienct version because they are general troubleshooting steps and i have linked to some guides that have probably been updated too by now:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/kinectsdk/thread/d0eeb269-2c3f-4a40-8b65-9d6b8dcae147

Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth. - "Sherlock holmes" "speak softly and carry a big stick" - theodore roosevelt. Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering - Yoda

• Edited by The Thinker Tuesday, February 07, 2012 7:23 PM
    • Proposed as answer by The Thinker Tuesday, February 07, 2012 7:23 PM
    • Marked as answer by Riccardo Arena Thursday, February 09, 2012 2:20 AM
    Tuesday, February 07, 2012 7:20 PM
  • That did the trick.

Thanks!

Thursday, February 09, 2012 2:20 AM