none
How to upload images in MS CRM 2011?

Question

• Hi friends,

I am trying to add the image in my CRM organization. I had tried it by using IFrame. It is working properly.

But I want to know that is their any another way through which I can upload images very easily? 

I also want to upload multiple images at a time so is there any method for that please suggest me.

Waiting for reply........

Thursday, August 04, 2011 3:14 AM

Answers

• You can create a CRM 2011 "Web Resource" with a static image (JPG, PNG or GIF) which will allow you to upload the image into CRM. Then you would simply add the web resource to the form layout to display the static image. Unfortunately however, without some form of custom code, you wouldn't be able to upload an image or multiple images onto a record and have them displayed automatically. With a silverlight app similar to the App I linked earlier, you could create a silverlight resource that could be embedded into CRM and display attached images. This resource would be directly embedded into CRM and wouldn't require a connection to an external source like an iFrame would.

Thursday, August 04, 2011 3:51 AM

All replies

• It depends on what you are trying to do. If you simply want to attach an image to a record and not have it be displayed, you can attach a file to most any record in CRM using the attach functionality (look for the paperclip icon under the add ribbon).

If you want to display the image in a form, you could create a Web Resource with the image and then add that resource to your form layout through customization. If you wanted a different image to display depending upon the record, you would need to look at a programatic solution. There are a number of options. I would check out this silverlight solution created by Carlton Colter: http://mscrmblogger.com/2011/05/10/crm-attachment-image-for-crm-2011-entities/

Thursday, August 04, 2011 3:23 AM
  • Hi Rob,

Thanks for your suggestion. I want to display images in form. I had implemented this functionality using the web application.

I want to know is there any another way in CRM 2011 or any inbuilt feature through which I can achieve this same functionality without adding web application.

Thursday, August 04, 2011 3:35 AM
  • You can create a CRM 2011 "Web Resource" with a static image (JPG, PNG or GIF) which will allow you to upload the image into CRM. Then you would simply add the web resource to the form layout to display the static image. Unfortunately however, without some form of custom code, you wouldn't be able to upload an image or multiple images onto a record and have them displayed automatically. With a silverlight app similar to the App I linked earlier, you could create a silverlight resource that could be embedded into CRM and display attached images. This resource would be directly embedded into CRM and wouldn't require a connection to an external source like an iFrame would.

Thursday, August 04, 2011 3:51 AM
  • you have an option in crm attach in the add tag

by that way you can attach mulitple images or any other attachment to the form

ms crm

Friday, February 22, 2013 11:39 AM