Syncup failure from TFS to PS2010

Question

• Hi

We have recently integrated TFS 2010 with PS2010. We are able to create new items (requirements, tasks) in PS which are getting synced to a team project. And if those are modified in TFS, they are getting updated to PS. By if I create a new requirement or task in TFS, its syncup is failing. In the error log, this error is showing up.

TF285019: Could not submit request for user {NAME}. Contact your Project Server administrator to verify that Project Server permissions have been granted to the service account used by the synchronization engine.

According to Known Issues page on MSDn, resolution is mentioned to provide Full Control to TFS Service account on the Projects Server service in SharePoint Administration. This part is already taken care but the syncup from TFS to PS is still failing.

I would appreciate any inputs on how to troubleshoot this further. I also modified the JobAgent config to create verbose log. That log is also throwing the same error which I have mentioned above.

Thanks

Sandeep

Tuesday, October 25, 2011 2:59 PM

All replies

• Hi Sandeep, can you please reset IIS on the Project Server box. I've have sometimes experienced that once you grant Full control in Project Server to a user it does not take effect until IIS is reset.
    Federico Kolliker Frers - MSFT
    Tuesday, October 25, 2011 5:56 PM
  • Thanks for the suggestion Federico. I tried IIS reset on the project server but still getting the same error when try to syncup a new work item from TFS to PS.
    Wednesday, October 26, 2011 4:27 PM
  • Hi Sandeep, can you please also check that the TFS service account is a member of the PWA Administrators group? Also, can you please confirm if your TFS service account is Network Service or a domain user?
    Federico Kolliker Frers - MSFT
    Wednesday, October 26, 2011 4:31 PM
  • Hi All,

Did you find a solution for your problem? I am on the exact same situation, and already checked the steps here but still getting the same error. My accounts are Domain Users.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers,

Claiton

Claiton Lovato LN

Wednesday, May 16, 2012 12:43 PM
  • This is caused by not having the permissions for your service account on the project web service application. The steps to do this are outlined here.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg412653.aspx#AddPS2010Permissions

Thanks,

Noah Gildersleeve

Friday, July 20, 2012 12:17 AM