The maximum number of errors has been reached.

Question

• On building a database project i am getting 0 error, 200 warnings and 1 message.

Message is  - "The maximum number of errors has been reached. 41 total errors and 1231 total warnings were encountered."

As a result i am not able to build the solution.Is there any way to ignore this message and go ahead with building and deploying the solution?

Or if there is any way to resolve the issue then please let me know.

Thanks.

Thursday, December 14, 2006 1:39 PM

Answers

• You can specify the max number of warnings under Tools->Options->Database Tools->Design-time Validation Database.  You will most likely need to supress warnings.  You can specify which warnings to supress under the Build table of the project properties.
    Monday, December 18, 2006 5:30 PM

All replies

• What is an example of an error?  What is the sense of building when you can't deploy due to errors?  In Data Dude a "build" is the same thing as generating a deployment script.  If it can't generate the script due to the errors, then you can not have a successful build.  This generally doesn't stop you from working though (to resolve the errors).

Or is that the problem, are you not able to work on the project (resolve the errors / errors are not being listed) because of the amount of them?  That would IMHO be a bug.

Warnings should not prevent you from building a project successfully.

Alle

Thursday, December 14, 2006 3:25 PM
  • Hi,

I am getting a message on build saying "4 errors has been occurred."but it is not showing the text for those errors because i am not able to identify where the errors are occurring....

could you please help.

Thanks.

Friday, December 15, 2006 9:04 AM
  •  shekhar saran wrote:
    I am getting a message on build saying "4 errors has been occurred."but it is not showing the text for those errors because i am not able to identify where the errors are occurring....

Where is the above text - in the "Output" window or the "Error List" window?  In the Error List window it should say in or with which file the error occured, with luck you can double click on the error entry and will land in the file that caused the error (depending on the error type).

Alle

Friday, December 15, 2006 12:02 PM
  • As Alle aluded to, you should be able to see all warnings and errors in the output window when you do a build.  From within the output window you should be able to double-click on the errors and go to the appropriate file.  Another approach would be to suppress those warnings temporarily so that the errors appear in the error list.

Friday, December 15, 2006 8:40 PM
  • J.D.

I have an issue related to this. I just imported a schema containing roughly 4000 objects. There were no errors reported but 372 warnings. However, it only displayed 200 of them. Why doesn't it display all 372?

Amos.

Saturday, December 16, 2006 6:05 PM
  • The default is to show 200 warnings/errors.  There is a registry entry that controls the amount that I believe is exposed in Tools -> Options (I do not have the product on this laptop).  Remember, if you chose to expose more errors/warnings there is a negative performance cost to doing so.
    Sunday, December 17, 2006 11:50 PM
  • You can specify the max number of warnings under Tools->Options->Database Tools->Design-time Validation Database.  You will most likely need to supress warnings.  You can specify which warnings to supress under the Build table of the project properties.
    Monday, December 18, 2006 5:30 PM