none
SSRS - Parameter Question using a SharePoint List

Question

• Hi guys, was wondering if someone could help me out with a little niggle I have.

As per the title, I am trying to implement SSRS using a SharePoint List. Everything seemed to be in working order and still is but came across something which I am have trouble to resolve.

Using 4 parameters, 2 of which are hidden and 2 have custom code so I can remove duplicates.

One of my parameters is a column Financial Year and the other is a column for Period End Date. No problem there, the issue is that the End Date parameter displays all the information within the column and I need to only show it linked to the values based off the Financial year.

So as an example: My 2012-2013 parameter does not have a July record, my 2013-2014 does. On the parameter drop down when I select 2012-2013 it shows July. I need to be able to exclude/filter this option as it doesnt have a record linked to that financial year. I only want to show Period End Dates that have a record linked to its corresponding Financial Year.

I've tried a few things with the tablix filters and got nowhere. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Appreciate it

Thanks! :)

Wednesday, August 21, 2013 12:58 AM

Answers

• Can I please ask how are you populating "Period End Date" parameter?

In my point of you view if you want "Period End Date" to be dependant on "Financial Year" parameter then it would be good to create separate dataset for "Period End Date" and pass it "Financial Year" parameter (Cascading parameter). So, "Period End Date" parameter should have it's own dataset using "Financial Year" parameter to produce list according to selected "Financial Year".

Wednesday, August 21, 2013 2:01 AM

All replies

• Can I please ask how are you populating "Period End Date" parameter?

In my point of you view if you want "Period End Date" to be dependant on "Financial Year" parameter then it would be good to create separate dataset for "Period End Date" and pass it "Financial Year" parameter (Cascading parameter). So, "Period End Date" parameter should have it's own dataset using "Financial Year" parameter to produce list according to selected "Financial Year".

Wednesday, August 21, 2013 2:01 AM
  • Cheers for the response Sami

I am getting the Period End Date from the same DataSet as the Financial Year, the same SharePoint List. I'll try your method and create another dataset just with Period End Date and see how I go

Thanks

Wednesday, August 21, 2013 2:35 AM