Coded UI test - WinList, WinTable, WinTree compares

Question

• Hi

I am asserting two win lists (or win tables, win trees). Let say first list has 100 checklist items and second one is similar.

Now when I want to compare all the data from first list (name and is the item checked) i must go through each item in the list and compare it with expected one.

When i try to do this: 

"winlist.Items" it takes around 2 to 3 minutes just to get the data... after this i was using foreach function to compare the items but this is really slow and this is one of the smallest list on the UI.

My question is: Is there any other better way to get the data? 

If i try to find the data (with find function, or FindmatchingControls) it takes same time.

Best regards
    TheTucko

Tuesday, December 27, 2011 4:25 PM

Answers

• I would suggest a different way to do it. Taking entire snapshot of the containers are performance intensive. Is it possible to associate the items information/state in one of the IAccessible information of the container? That way you would just need to make a single GetProperty call for the container and then do your parsing/matching logic on the returned value.

Thanks,

~ Tapas

Thursday, December 29, 2011 3:17 PM

All replies

• I would suggest a different way to do it. Taking entire snapshot of the containers are performance intensive. Is it possible to associate the items information/state in one of the IAccessible information of the container? That way you would just need to make a single GetProperty call for the container and then do your parsing/matching logic on the returned value.

Thanks,

~ Tapas

Thursday, December 29, 2011 3:17 PM
  • Thanks for the reply

I will investigate this possibility, (Is there any example similar to this?)

Best Regars
    TheTucko

Tuesday, January 24, 2012 1:20 PM