none
.NET Framework 4.5 installer for WES7?

Question

• Hello,

I noticed that WEDU installed a template for .NET Framework 4.5 in my distribution share, but where is the installer for .NET Framework 4.5 itself?

As far as I know you need special versions of the .NET Framework installers for WES7 because of the licenses. But on ECE there is only a non-monthly update called "Microsoft Windows Embedded Standard 7 EMB OPK .NET 4.0 Framework".

Thanks in advance!

Thursday, February 21, 2013 10:32 AM

Answers

• After some searching I have finally found this blog post:

Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5 and Kinect for Windows v1.6 Templates Are Now on ECE

The installer for .NET Framework 4.5 is hidden in the monthly update called "Windows Embedded Standard 7 SP1 December 2012 Feature Update"!

That's not really a good place for the installer because this thread shows that nobody found it there so far. Therefore I think Microsoft should change this as quick as possible and provide a non-monthly update for .NET Framework 4.5.

• Proposed as answer by bagira520MVP Wednesday, February 27, 2013 4:01 AM
    • Marked as answer by GB ZDFPS Monday, March 04, 2013 8:19 AM
    Tuesday, February 26, 2013 8:13 AM

All replies

• The download file from ECE is only a template file. It doesn't include any .Net Framework 4.5 on it. You should install .Net 4.5 manually. This template just tell you should install .Net 2.0, .Net 3.0 or.... first before .Net Framework 4.5.

• Edited by bagira520MVP Thursday, February 21, 2013 12:17 PM
    Thursday, February 21, 2013 12:01 PM
  • The download file from ECE is only a template file. It doesn't include any .Net Framework 4.5 on it. You should install .Net 4.5 manually. This template just tell you should install .Net 2.0, .Net 3.0 or.... first before .Net Framework 4.5.

I think you've got me wrong. I know that the file in my distribution share is only a template and that I have to install .NET Framework 4.5 manually, but where can I download the installer?

As I mentioned above normally you cannot use the files in the download center on the Microsoft homepage due to license reasons. On ECE there is only a non-monthly update called "Microsoft Windows Embedded Standard 7 EMB OPK .NET 4.0 Framework" which includes the installers for .NET Framework 4.0 with appropriate licenses, but I cannot find an update that includes the installers for .NET Framework 4.5.

Thursday, February 21, 2013 1:10 PM
  • If you want to download the update such as "Microsoft Windows Embedded Standard 7 EMB OPK .NET 4.5 Framework" from ECE, it doesn't be released yet.
    Thursday, February 21, 2013 1:39 PM
  • Does that mean that there is no license compliant way to install .NET Framework 4.5 on Windows Embedded Standard 7 at the moment?
    • Edited by GB ZDFPS Thursday, February 21, 2013 4:04 PM
    Thursday, February 21, 2013 1:48 PM
  • It is best to contact a MS distributor to get clarification on .NET 4.5. You may be allowed to install the regular one.

-Sean

www.annabooks.com / www.seanliming.com / Book Author - Pro Guide to WES 7, XP Embedded Advanced, Pro Guide to POS for .NET

Friday, February 22, 2013 12:20 AM
  • After some searching I have finally found this blog post:

Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5 and Kinect for Windows v1.6 Templates Are Now on ECE

The installer for .NET Framework 4.5 is hidden in the monthly update called "Windows Embedded Standard 7 SP1 December 2012 Feature Update"!

That's not really a good place for the installer because this thread shows that nobody found it there so far. Therefore I think Microsoft should change this as quick as possible and provide a non-monthly update for .NET Framework 4.5.

• Proposed as answer by bagira520MVP Wednesday, February 27, 2013 4:01 AM
    • Marked as answer by GB ZDFPS Monday, March 04, 2013 8:19 AM
    Tuesday, February 26, 2013 8:13 AM
  • Thanks, GB ZDFPS. After your feedback, I learn more again. I will download it and test on my machine. Thank you tell me this information.
    Tuesday, February 26, 2013 3:20 PM