No format was found for events of type ProjectCreatedEvent

Question

• Hi,

I have subscribed to ProjectCreatedEvent using BieSubscribe.exe Following is the command I used.
    >BisSubscribe /eventType ProjectCreatedEvent /address myemailaddress@mycompany.com
     /deliveryType EmailHtml /server myserver

It returned me a subscription ID. I checked into tbl_subscription table and the entry is made properly.

I also recieved the mail when I created the project on that server. But the mail body contains  "No format was found for events of type ProjectCreatedEvent".

Is there any way to define a format for the mail notification???

Manasi

Thursday, January 04, 2007 5:00 AM

Answers

• The *.xsd files used to format email notifications can be found in: %Program Files%\Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 Team Foundation Server\Web Services\Services\v1.0\Transforms

But as you can see in that folder, there is no xsd for that event because it is internal TFS event and it hasn't the template for it, it had template (but I didn't checked the contents) in Beta3 version, but not in final release.

Thursday, January 04, 2007 9:04 PM
  • Thanks
    I found a work around. I wrote a web service and in the Notify() method, I send a mail in the required format depending upon the eventxml parameter.
    Friday, January 12, 2007 7:41 AM

All replies

• The *.xsd files used to format email notifications can be found in: %Program Files%\Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 Team Foundation Server\Web Services\Services\v1.0\Transforms

But as you can see in that folder, there is no xsd for that event because it is internal TFS event and it hasn't the template for it, it had template (but I didn't checked the contents) in Beta3 version, but not in final release.

Thursday, January 04, 2007 9:04 PM
  • Thanks
    I found a work around. I wrote a web service and in the Notify() method, I send a mail in the required format depending upon the eventxml parameter.
    Friday, January 12, 2007 7:41 AM
  • Aha, this is the only way to do it for some events in TFS
    Friday, January 12, 2007 9:09 AM