none
TF237113: You don't have enough permissions to complete the import operation.

Question

• Hi, 

I am trying to import a WIT into my TFS 2010 project and I keep receiving this permissions error.  Here is what I have already tried based on other posts:

My AD account is in the TEAM FOUNDATION\Project administrators group as well as the DefaultCollection\Project admins and the Project\Project admins group.

In order to eliminate the possibility that I have incorrectly modified a field I am currently just exporting my WIT from the project and re-importing the WIT just to try and work out this permissions issue.

After all of that I still get this error.  How can I figure out why I am getting this error?  I have all rights needed for TF \ Collection\ Project.  The error does not make sense.  I cannot find reference to TF237113 anywhere.

Thanks,

David

Mark the best replies as answers!
    Wednesday, December 08, 2010 1:48 PM

Answers

• So I figured this out by profiling the SQL server that hosts the TFS database.

What I found was that my computer for some reason was trying to authenticate me to TFS with a user account other than mine.

Why?  I was testing a fake user's rights to make sure they only had the access to what they needed.  I did a runas cmd to open up several browser with that user.  I rebooted and logged in as myself as usual but for some reason I was still being authenticated as the other user.

I opened up IE (since rebooting I did not runas anything) and noticed when navigating to the TFS default collection portal site the logged in username was still that of the peon user I was impersonating prior to reboot.  Somewhere the peon user credentials were being cached which affected my connection to TFS through IE and through the TFS tools.

To fix:  I had to choose the dropdown at the top right of the portal site and choose Sign in as a different user.  Now my TFS tools specifically witadmin was working again correctly.

Very strange error. 

Hope this helps someone.

-DS

• Marked as answer by dsandor Wednesday, December 08, 2010 8:12 PM
    Wednesday, December 08, 2010 8:12 PM

All replies

• So I figured this out by profiling the SQL server that hosts the TFS database.

What I found was that my computer for some reason was trying to authenticate me to TFS with a user account other than mine.

Why?  I was testing a fake user's rights to make sure they only had the access to what they needed.  I did a runas cmd to open up several browser with that user.  I rebooted and logged in as myself as usual but for some reason I was still being authenticated as the other user.

I opened up IE (since rebooting I did not runas anything) and noticed when navigating to the TFS default collection portal site the logged in username was still that of the peon user I was impersonating prior to reboot.  Somewhere the peon user credentials were being cached which affected my connection to TFS through IE and through the TFS tools.

To fix:  I had to choose the dropdown at the top right of the portal site and choose Sign in as a different user.  Now my TFS tools specifically witadmin was working again correctly.

Very strange error. 

Hope this helps someone.

-DS

• Marked as answer by dsandor Wednesday, December 08, 2010 8:12 PM
    Wednesday, December 08, 2010 8:12 PM
  • Hi

I am facing the same issue although I am logged in using the administrative account. I am using a Visual Studio 2012 with powertools 2012. 

Can anyone help in this regard? I need to change a STATE name of "Commited" to "In Progress" under the item type BUG.

Wednesday, July 24, 2013 7:42 AM
  • Same, here ,  is there any "mega admin" rights that will allow to override something that blocks this ?

I have this after upgrading from TFS2010 to TFS 2012 which is another story -> 

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/vstudio/en-US/85d7c8a6-e947-4bb9-afb5-965f7d710ead/migrate-tfs-2010-to-tfs2012-error-when-attaching-project-collections#d5c81c2e-20cb-46ec-8bbe-3e25b1596db7

Friday, August 09, 2013 11:32 AM
  • Same here.

TFS 2012 fails to import process template with error:

TF237113: You don't have enough permissions to complete the import operation.

User was granted "Manage process template" permission but error still the same.

Wednesday, August 28, 2013 7:20 AM
  • Hi,

Is there any update to this issue ? Even if it is marked as resolved I would be interested or even "have to" to find out more reasons that can cause this.

To my previous message I can add another way to reproduce this: Process Template edit

open the "Bug" definition for example, modify it then save and I get this

At the same time I'm the most "admin" possible on the server.

Note: I have this error after doing a migration from TFS2010 to TFS2012

Thanks for any ideas, this is really blocking us right now

Wednesday, September 04, 2013 9:43 AM
  • Hi All,

I do have same issue after TFS 2012 migration. Please let me know what should I do from my end to make it work.

Thanks in advance.

Radhika

Tuesday, September 10, 2013 9:39 AM
  • This is blocking, really. How can I proceed ?

Thanks

Tuesday, October 01, 2013 4:19 PM
  • Hey,

this is not possible to do in the cload version of TFS, is it the one you are using?

Thursday, October 03, 2013 7:44 PM
  • Hi...have you a reference where is says this is not possible in the cloud version?  I am trying to do this and getting the error listed.

Thanks!

Mike

Monday, October 14, 2013 10:42 PM