Team Foundation Server configuration

Question

• I cannot able to configure database successfully.Even my sql instance name and my reporting services instance is correct

Monday, January 23, 2012 12:25 PM

All replies

• I cannot able to configure database successfully.Even my sql instance name and my reporting services instance is correct in Team foundation server 2010

Monday, January 23, 2012 12:26 PM
  • Hi GiriSFS,

Thank you for your post.

According to your description of the issue, here are some situations i want to clarify from you:
    1. What the version of the TFS, SQL, and VS?

2. What's the mode you choose to configure TFS, Standard Single Configuration, Advanced, Application-Tier Only?

3. In TFS configuration wizard, at Specify Team Foundation Databases step, after enter the SQL Server Instance, does the Test right?

4. Try to enter the SQL Server Instance like "machine name\instance name", not just machine name and not just instance name.

5. Turn off the windows firewall.
    http://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudio/feedback/details/512295/tfs255040-tf255049-seldomly-can-connect-to-sql-server-2008-when-configuring
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms174937.aspx

6. Can you connect to SSRS through SQL Reporting Services Configuration Manager? You can open the manager through (take SQL 2008 R2 for example) Start-->Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2-->Configuration Tools-->Reporting Services Configuration Manager.

7. would you please show us the port for SQL Reporting Services, the server name used to connect to Database Engine, the server name used to connect to SQL Analysis services?

8. Is there any log or pop up message, they will help narrow down the issue.

If anything is unclear, please free feel to let me know.

Best Regards,

Lily Wu [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Tuesday, January 24, 2012 5:15 AM
  • What i have to give in "Report Server URL" and "Report Manager URL" in Advanced configuration wizard?
    Tuesday, January 24, 2012 5:37 AM
  • Hi GiriSFS,

Can you connect to SSRS through SQL Reporting Services Configuration Manager?

For Report Server URL and Report Manager URL
    Type the name of the server that is running SQL Server Reporting Services in Reporting Services Instance and click Populate URLs.
    The URLs for the report server and its management site appear in the drop-down lists for Report Server URL and Report Manager URL.

If anything is unclear, please free feel to let me know.

Best Regards,

Lily Wu [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Tuesday, January 24, 2012 5:52 AM
  • Hi Lily_Wu

I can connect with SQL Reporting Services Configuration Manager.Am using advanced mode in the configuration center.But Still am getting the same error.

Wednesday, January 25, 2012 1:49 PM
  • Hi  Lily_Wu

i have installed that Team foundation Server 2010 Successfully .Thanks a billion 

Wednesday, January 25, 2012 2:58 PM