none
Export Outlook Calendar to csv file

Question

• Hi,

Anyone experiencing issues on exporting a calendar into .csv file in Outlook 2007 trial version?

This old company PC is using XP SP2 and Outlook 2007 with 256MB RAM. 

I have a shared calendar with 1500 entries. I created a backup calendar in .pst file and copied over all 1500 entries from shared calendar. Then I ran export function in Outlook 2007. It will run but unresponsive after an hour. 

Interestingly when I tried to use Outlook 2003 on my PC with 1GB RAM, it did not let me copy over some of 1500 entries, it said "it contains private items."  However, the export function does not work either.  It will crash or become unresponsive after 10 minutes.

Any thoughts?? Appreciate any feedback.

Thanks,
    Wei

Tuesday, July 29, 2008 5:18 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Thanks for contacting "Innovate on Office" forum, but this is not the right place to post your request,
     as we provide support on advisory issues. Basically  we address "How-to" questions and this is a
     trouble shooting issue.  Also innovate on office is a Forum to discuss advisory help on Office 2007 Questions only .
    Depending upon your partner level, you have the following three options.
    - Purchase an incident pack. Please contact the main-stream support team of  Outlook in Microsoft.
      OR
    - Use one of the incidents available to you.
      OR
    - Visit https://partner.microsoft.com/global/supportsecurity/technicalsupport/40014662

Thanks ,

Uday

Thursday, July 31, 2008 7:54 PM

All replies

•  

I started using a PC with 1GB RAM with Outlook 2003

I changed my permission to "Owner" status for the shared calendar. I also went into E-mail Accounts to add the mailbox where that shared calendar exists.

Then I created a backup pst file and copy over the shared calendar. Outlook 2003 still crashed on me several times while exporting the calendar into csv file. The crash seems to be randomly. Sometimes I get a successful run and sometimes I don't. There is no error code or anything when Outlook crashes. I kinda narrowed it down to January data, but then the export would run without crash after the 3rd time.

Is it possible one of the calendar item contain illegal characters or something? I notices some square boxes in description files in csv file on some calendar items when there is no square boxes on the shared calendar for the same items.
    Thursday, July 31, 2008 4:34 PM

• Hi,

Thanks for contacting "Innovate on Office" forum, but this is not the right place to post your request,
     as we provide support on advisory issues. Basically  we address "How-to" questions and this is a
     trouble shooting issue.  Also innovate on office is a Forum to discuss advisory help on Office 2007 Questions only .
    Depending upon your partner level, you have the following three options.
    - Purchase an incident pack. Please contact the main-stream support team of  Outlook in Microsoft.
      OR
    - Use one of the incidents available to you.
      OR
    - Visit https://partner.microsoft.com/global/supportsecurity/technicalsupport/40014662

Thanks ,

Uday

Thursday, July 31, 2008 7:54 PM