none
printing text or graphs in small basic on standard printer

Question

• Hello,
    Is it possible to print on the default printer the text or graphwindow.
    Thanx,
    Kris.
    Thursday, January 21, 2010 12:40 PM

Answers

• if you mean printing on paper? then no.

but maybe you can with some extensions...

[EDIT]
    I dont know if you mean in small basic... if you mean to do this in small basic: its not possible..
    Live for nothing, OR CODE FOR SOMETHING!
    Thursday, January 21, 2010 9:39 PM

All replies

• if you mean printing on paper? then no.

but maybe you can with some extensions...

[EDIT]
    I dont know if you mean in small basic... if you mean to do this in small basic: its not possible..
    Thursday, January 21, 2010 9:39 PM
  • Thanx for the answer.
     I was looking for a free programming language with which I could
    have input boxes and then print out on a printer
    a square with some lines and text.
    Kris.
    Tuesday, January 26, 2010 11:01 AM
  • Thanx for the answer.
     I was looking for a free programming language with which I could
    have input boxes and then print out on a printer
    a square with some lines and text.
    Kris.
    np!
    well.. im sorry^^

but as i said, maybe an extension will do. maybe fremis extension can?

Tuesday, January 26, 2010 7:21 PM
  • Oskariok's Data extension can print
    ~~AirWaves!!~~
    Thursday, December 09, 2010 6:45 AM
  • Sounds like you just need to create a form which can be done in Word or in Adobe.

If you need for the information to be saved as a data file (as opposed to saving a form for each set of answers given) then Access can facilitate that.

One thing you mention is the word "free".  Obviously the programs I mention above are not free.

There is the Open Office software suite that is free to download and is comparable to Microsoft Office - though I don't know if their word processing program supports forms or not, and I have not used their database program.

If it has to be a programing language, that is free, then Microsoft offers Visual Basic, Visual C++ and Visual C# languages in a free Visual Studio Express edition:  http://www.microsoft.com/express/Windows/

You can print program listings from Visual Studio Express. I do not know how to program the code to print to a printer - though they have a really good forum just like Small Basic forum, but bigger.
    I understand creating a program with printing capabilities is difficult and that is why Small Basic doesn't currently have the ability to print the program listing.  You can copy and paste into your favorite Word Processor and then print.

Tuesday, December 21, 2010 2:13 PM