none
Outlook 2013: Can't get Visual Basic Editor (VBE) to Launch

Question

• I use VBA extensively in Excel but have not used it in Outlook.  I'm trying to access VBE in Outlook 2013 but I can't get it to launch.  I turned on the Developer ribbon.  When I click on "Visual Basic" nothing happens.  When I do an Alt-F11, nothing happens.  No error code.  No nothing.

What am I not doing?

Thanks,

...bob sutor

Bob Sutor

Saturday, August 03, 2013 4:39 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Bob,

First, you need to check whether you VBA for Outlook Addin is disabled.

Open File > Options > Add-Ins

If the VBA for Outlook AddIn is in the “Disabled Application Add-Ins” list, please enable it:

Second, you could check whether the Addin file is existing on your machine:

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office 15\root\office15\ADDINS\OUTLVBA.DLL

If you cannot find this file, I will recommend you to re-install your office with complete features.

Jeffrey Chen
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Monday, August 05, 2013 5:22 AM
  • I have the OUTLVBA.DLL file on machine located at C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office15\ADDINS. 

However the Microsoft VBA for Outlook Addin does not appear anywhere in the Options=>Addins dialogue (see below).  Any thoughts on how to get this Addin installed?

Thank you so much for your efforts.

...bob sutor

Bob Sutor

Thursday, August 08, 2013 8:03 PM
  • Hi Bob,

I also removed "Microsoft VBA for Outlook" from the Add-In list. And I tried a lot of ways to add it back, but I only succeed by re-installing my office. I'm afraid you also need to re-install your Office 2013 to get this issue resolved.

Jeffrey Chen
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Friday, August 09, 2013 8:31 AM
  • Hi Bob,

Would you please tell me you Office bit model? is it a 64-bit application?

Have a good day,

Tom

Friday, August 09, 2013 12:50 PM
  • I'm having exactly the same issue (this is now the second time it has occured).

I have OUTLVBA.DLL, but it doesn't show up in the COM Addins (and it throws and error saying its an invalid Add-in if you try to add it).

I've tried using quick repair of office 2013 (no change) and the online repair (that useless PoS only insists on telling me I'm not connected to the internet, even though I'm connected to my office account...go figure).

A re-install seems to be the only solution I have found at this stage.

Cheers,

Kris

• Edited by Simple_One Thursday, October 31, 2013 1:12 AM
    Thursday, October 31, 2013 1:11 AM