none
Graph Bounding Box

Question

• Hi Lev,

I modified the sample project DrawingFromGeometryGraphSample such that it only has 1 node (i.e. the ellipse) and no edges. After calling graph.CalculateLayout, I noticed the bounding box for the graph have UpperLeft and LowerRight coordinates of (-20.5, 530.5) and (20.5 499.5) respectively. How can I make the layout system:

1. Utilize positive coordinates only.

2. Optimize space usage (instead of laying out the ellipse all the way out at Y = 530.5, have it layed out somewhere closer to Y = 0)

Thank you

• Edited by exx Wednesday, December 28, 2011 10:57 PM
    Wednesday, December 28, 2011 10:55 PM

Answers

• Please use the method  GeometryGraph.Translate to move the graph into the positive quadrant.

It would be graph.Translate(-graph.BoundingBox.LeftBottom). If you want only positive coordinates then you need to shift a bit more.

You are right; Node.Padding is not used!

Thanks,

Lev

Lev Nachmanson
    Thursday, December 29, 2011 7:00 PM
    Owner

All replies

• On a related note, how does one use the Node.Padding property? In the same DrawingFromGeometryGraphSample, setting the Padding property on the ellipse:

Node a = new Node("a", new Ellipse(w, h, new P()));
    a.Padding = 100;

does not seem to do anything.

Thanks

Wednesday, December 28, 2011 11:47 PM
  • Please use the method  GeometryGraph.Translate to move the graph into the positive quadrant.

It would be graph.Translate(-graph.BoundingBox.LeftBottom). If you want only positive coordinates then you need to shift a bit more.

You are right; Node.Padding is not used!

Thanks,

Lev

Lev Nachmanson
    Thursday, December 29, 2011 7:00 PM
    Owner
  • You thought of everything :) Thanks a lot Lev
    Friday, December 30, 2011 1:24 AM