none
Where do people get templates/designs for programs from? like you can buy or download free website templates(the way it looks)?

Question

• Where do people get templates/designs for programs from? like you can buy or download free website templates(the way it looks)?

I know there must be a place people go to

• Moved by Reed KimbleMVP Sunday, December 30, 2012 6:36 PM not a specific vb question (From:Visual Basic)
    Sunday, December 30, 2012 6:24 PM

All replies

• Hello,

I don't download free templates but create them starting from a blank slate. Generally speaking when obtaining a so-called free web template the first sign that they are not easy to make changes is the size of the download. A well design template will use css files, script files and htm or html files while free templates are usually done with lots of images in place of the latter which means unless the pages are exactly what you want changing them is difficult even with a image app like PhotoShop or FireWorks.

Example of templates http://www.freewebsitetemplates.com/

KSG

Sunday, December 30, 2012 6:32 PM
  • Most websites use CSS style sheets to define their look and feel.  You could seach the web for free CSS style sheets, but your web pages will have to be coded to use them and they could contain custom elements that may or may not make sense in your program.  Typically a site is created to be customized by CSS and then various CSS files are created that match the site's contents.  You can't expect any CSS sheet to properly format any web page... the two may have to be designed to work together (depending on how much formatting the CSS is handling).

I'm not sure that this is really a VB question though.  You might go to forums.asp.net and see if there is a design forum that would be more appropriate for your question.

Reed Kimble - "When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all"

Sunday, December 30, 2012 6:36 PM