locked
HRESULT: 0x80131047 while trying to debug an application

    Question

  • Hi everyone.Smile

    I was just making an application (for no purpose other than learning how to/for fun) that converts binary, ASCII, and English to each other, but when I try to debug it, I get:

    Error while trying to run project: Could not load file or assembly 'Binary\, English\, ASCII' or one of its dependencies.  The given assembly name or codebase was invalid. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131047)


    Thanks in advance!
    Thursday, November 24, 2005 1:57 AM

Answers

  • I got this exact same message too.  My assembly was called "Dan's Sudoku".  After seeing your post, I changed the assembly name (took out the apostrophe) to "Dans Sudoku".  That fixed it!  I suspect if you take the commas out of the assembly name, it will be ok.  Bug?

    HTH 

    Thursday, December 15, 2005 2:49 AM

All replies

  • I got this exact same message too.  My assembly was called "Dan's Sudoku".  After seeing your post, I changed the assembly name (took out the apostrophe) to "Dans Sudoku".  That fixed it!  I suspect if you take the commas out of the assembly name, it will be ok.  Bug?

    HTH 

    Thursday, December 15, 2005 2:49 AM
  • Yeah, go to project / *Your App Name* Properties, then find assembly name and take out the commas and the slashes and then it should work.
    • Proposed as answer by JoeyCrary Wednesday, November 18, 2009 4:55 PM
    Saturday, June 17, 2006 4:57 PM
  • Thanks a lot for the info! I had this error when trying to convert a C# .NET project from 2003 to 2005. It ended up that I had an apostrophe in the assembly name. Thanks again  =)

     

    Wednesday, April 02, 2008 4:52 AM
  • But my assembly does not contain either a comma or a slash.

     

    Even it was working till yesterday. But i dont know what has happened. I have also tried to restart the application and my system.

     

    Any help??

     

    Friday, May 30, 2008 2:09 PM
  • Look in all your file names, not just your assembly name (though it tends to be the culprit in many cases since assembly name is less visible).  Pay closer attention to the any files you might have renamed recently.  Anything that doesn't belong in a variable name should be suspect.  You'd be surprised how easily an apostrophe may accidentally work its way into a name!

    Friday, May 30, 2008 5:43 PM
  •  

    I have tried everything.

    But when i restart the application or restart the system and repeat the same for 2-3 times, this goes away Smile

     

     

    Sunday, June 08, 2008 3:08 PM
  • I managed to fix this error

    Select your main form e.g. form 1

    go to project, then at the bottom it says properties [of your project in my case my p2p)

    a new window will pop up

    Click on the Debug tab:

    There is a check box titled: 'Enable the Visual Studio Hosting Process'
    uncheck this and then try debugging

    it should now debug without that annoying error

    hope this helps it worked for me
    • Proposed as answer by kdridders Saturday, April 04, 2009 1:05 PM
    Saturday, April 04, 2009 1:04 PM
  • Thx it worked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Tuesday, September 08, 2009 2:55 AM
  • heyyy thx a lot it worked :))
    Sunday, February 06, 2011 1:28 PM
  • Wow, Thank You so much for the info
    Friday, October 21, 2011 8:34 PM