none
HealthVault outside the US?

Question

• Hi--

I have a question regarding providing my service outside of the United States. Does the application "Just work" as Microsoft provides a Federated Login System or do I need to have customized code for it? If so, how does one test that code?

For context, I have a user who suggests that he cannot connect from the UK because of restrictions and I'm trying to diagnose what is happening.  Thanks and have a great weekend.

Eric

Saturday, June 08, 2013 6:04 AM

All replies

• Hi Eric, if your application is currently connected to the US instance, then it is only open to users within the U.S. and U.S. territories. For users outside the U.S. and Canada, the current solution is to connect to our EU instance. Details are available here.

Monday, June 10, 2013 6:19 PM
  • Hi--

Thanks for the response.  Maybe I missed it in the document, but is there a separate go-live process for the other endpoints or if your application is live in the US, it will work at the other endpoints?  My application comes back as unknown, yet I can't login on the EU instance. Please let me know.  Thanks.

Eric

Friday, June 14, 2013 4:43 AM
  • You need to create a separate account in http://www.healthvaul.co.uk to manage your EU instance in UK Account Configuration Center. You can re-use the same AppID. The Go Live process is the same, but your application in EU instance must use EU-specific Shell and Platform URLs (see my link above).

There is work underway to unify this experience, but it isn't available for now.

Friday, June 14, 2013 3:43 PM