Blue Screen CRITICAL_OBJECT_TERMINATION and 100% usage of CPU of System Idle Process

Question

• I talk to you my problem.
    My operating system: Microsoft Windows Developer Preview.
    Features of my computer:
    Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo CPU E7400@2.80GHz 2.80GHz
    RAM: 4.00GB
    Drive DVD / CD-ROM: Optiarc DVD RW AD-7200S ATA Device
    My problem:
    Since the beginning of booting, the Idle Process System process,has been running out of control, up to 100% using the CPU. Eachtime it reaches 100% CPU, freezes for approx. 5 seconds the screen, which has generated rather slowly.
    Make the decision to do a reinstall of the system and at the end, continued with the same problem.
    Then, try to enter the installation disc printer drivers, I get bluescreen with the following message:
    Your PC Into a problem ran That Could not handle it, and now itNeeds to restart.
    You can search online for the mistake: CRITICAL_OBJECT_TERMINATION
    It'll restart in: 42 seconds

In my opinion, I think the problem is hardware and is not software I think is my CD and DVD driver.
    But I expect a satisfactory answer to my problem.
    Thank you.
    Tuesday, November 01, 2011 10:43 PM

Answers

• Ok, I installed in a clean an old Windows version (Windows 7) and my pc is running right, Idle Process is normal and my pc isn`t slow.

I think the problem was not having a clean installed Windows Developer and it damaged the system logs so, when I installed Windows 7, the problem was solved. 

Tuesday, November 08, 2011 5:43 PM

All replies

• 100% system idle is good, this means the CPU has nothing to do.

Do you mean the system process with PID 4?

A bugcheck (BSOD) is a mechanism to protect your PC from damage.

Bug Check 0xF4: CRITICAL_OBJECT_TERMINATION
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff560372%28VS.85%29.aspx

To see the cause I have to take a look at the dumps with the Debugging Tools for Windows.

Please start the Windows Explorer and go to the folder C:\Windows\Minidump. Next, copy the dmp files to your desktop, zip all dmp into 1 zip file and upload the zip file to your public Skydrive [1] folder and post a link here.

if you can't see dmp files, make sure your Windows is configured correctly [2][3] to generate dumps.

André

[1] http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w7itproui/thread/4fc10639-02db-4665-993a-08d865088d65
    [2] http://support.microsoft.com/kb/254649
    [3] http://blog.nirsoft.net/2010/07/27/how-to-configure-windows-to-create-minidump-files-on-bsod/

"A programmer is just a tool which converts caffeine into code"

Tuesday, November 01, 2011 11:13 PM
  • Now I have my pc configured, but when I opened the Minidump carpet, it was empty and it hasn´t nothing. So I can´t share you the dmp files.

I think I should reformat my computer, but although the Idle Process has a correct operation, my computer is working too low.

Thursday, November 03, 2011 9:08 PM
  • Hey Caryan57,

Before you reformat your computer you may want to try refreshing your PC. Here is what will happen when you refresh your PC:

• Your files and personalization settings won't change.
    • Your PC settings will be restored to their defaults.
    • Apps from Windows Store will be kept. All other apps will be removed.

To refresh your PC:

• Enter the Start screen
    • Click Control Panel
    • Click General on the left column
    • Under Refresh your PC without affecting your files, click Get started

Then follow the instructions that will be provided on the screen.

Hope that helps.

Steven
    Saturday, November 05, 2011 2:13 AM
  • OK, I did the Refresh and it has an error. So I started with reformat and the Idle Process was not an improvement. I changed my  CD/DVD and my computer is too slow although it is already formatted. Thanks for your suggestions but, my computer is on the same.

HAVE YOU GOT ANOTHER SUGGESTION?

Saturday, November 05, 2011 3:51 PM
  • Hey Caryan57,

Just to confirm: You formatted your partition that previously had Windows Developer Preview on it and then reinstalled Windows Developer Preview. Now, you still are experiencing slow performance.

The next step will be to try installing the latest drivers that are available from your computer manufacturer's website. If a driver isn't able to install successfully, try using the compatibility troubleshooter to see if it can help the driver to install properly. The compatibility troubleshooter can be opened by:

• Enter the Start screen
    • Move your mouse to the bottom left of the screen to expand the Charms section
    • Select Search
    • Type Compatibility
    • Click Settings in the right column
    • Click Run programs made for previous versions of Windows

Then follow the prompts and direct the troubleshooter to the installer for your computer's driver. You will likely want to choose the choice for This program worked in earlier versions of Windows but won't install or run now when it is given if the latest driver is only applicable to a different version of Windows.

If installing the latest drivers doesn't resolve this problem, try checking to see if a more recent version of your motherboard's BIOS is available from your computer/motherboard manufacturer's website. Instructions for how to update your motherboard's BIOS should be available in your user manual or on your computer/motherboard provider's website.

Modifying BIOS/ complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) or Unified Extensible Firmware Interface (UEFI) settings incorrectly can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the configuring of BIOS/CMOS/UEFI settings can be solved. Modifications of the settings are at your own risk.

Steven
    Saturday, November 05, 2011 10:58 PM
  • Ok, I installed in a clean an old Windows version (Windows 7) and my pc is running right, Idle Process is normal and my pc isn`t slow.

I think the problem was not having a clean installed Windows Developer and it damaged the system logs so, when I installed Windows 7, the problem was solved. 

Tuesday, November 08, 2011 5:43 PM
  • Hey Caryan57,

Thanks for update!

Steven
    Wednesday, November 09, 2011 11:05 PM
  • i have the same problem , but how did you install windows 7 .. i need help please
    Monday, January 30, 2012 4:22 PM
  • Hey Jhordang,

A clean install of Windows 7 would be accomplished by using your Windows 7 installation disk to do a "custom" install. For more information on how to install Windows 7 and more information on a "custom" installation, please take a look at the information provided in the link below:
    Installing and reinstalling Windows 7

Hope that helps.

Steven
    Monday, January 30, 2012 6:32 PM