none
Validation Of Viewstate MAC failed

Question

• Hi All,

I am getting bellow error some times while running the application at production server. When running the same application at test server it working fine.

Validation of viewstate MAC failed. If this application is hosted by a Web Farm or cluster, ensure that configuration specifies the same validationKey and validation algorithm. AutoGenerate cannot be used in a cluster.

I have found this while googling. it is using the following in the web.config of
    website: enableViewStateMac="false" viewStateEncryptionMode="Never" enableEventValidation="false"

Is there any other way to fix this. Is there something in IIS or the web.config I can set to stop this message randomly coming up?
    Monday, August 01, 2011 9:53 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Does it help if you follow the steps in the following article:

How to fix “Validation of viewstate MAC failed. If this application is hosted by a Web Farm or cluster, ensure that configuration specifies the same validationKey and validation algorithm. AutoGenerate cannot be used in a cluster”
    http://www.shnake.com/blog/?p=604

Hope this helps, thanks.

Please mark the replies as answers if they help or unmark if not. If you have any feedback about my replies, please contact msdnmg@microsoft.com. Microsoft One Code Framework
    Monday, August 08, 2011 3:45 AM