xnagse_setup.msi while install i got error message:

Question

• There is a problem with this Windows Installer pachage. A Program run as part of ...

the status of the setup is "Installing Direct X Redist"

I have :

- Install and register C#2005

- Restart PC

- look for help in other threads

- Redownload the setup msi

i found the same problem here:

http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=407146&SiteID=1

but the usefull answers dont work ..

Tuesday, December 19, 2006 3:48 AM

Answers

• If your're still having trouble please follow this guide:

Please try running the installer like this:

Msiexec /i xnagse_setup.msi /lv installlog.txt

In addition to that if you want to grab your %windir%\DirectX.log (%windir% is the root windows directory)

And file a bug on Microsoft Connect with some information and attach the files so we can have a look at it. In addition to that if you have any version of DirectX installed you can run dxdiag from the run menu in windows, saved out a log file and attach that as well.

Thanks!

Here is a link which talks about filing issues on Connect: http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=682921&SiteID=1

Thursday, December 28, 2006 5:02 AM

All replies

•  

Have you checked the event log for any error messages, also have you tried installing the package using a local administrator.

Could you post what OS You are using, and if the VS C# is a non english version.

Tuesday, December 19, 2006 4:07 AM
  • WinXP Pro SP2

c# is english ... the main menu is english bute content of them is german ?! but it must be english because the installer and downloadpage was english - but i have downloaded first VB.net and this is german !

My useraccount is member of Administrators

with the WinSetup(default) created Administrator (wich I never used) i got an error that C# is not registered but not on my current acc.

eventlog : error:

Product: Microsoft XNA Game Studio Express -- Error 1722. There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A program run as part of the setup did not finish as expected. Contact your support personnel or package vendor. Action InstallDXRedistAction, location: C:\Programme\Microsoft XNA\XNA Game Studio Express\v1.0\Redist\DX Redist\DXSETUP.exe, command: /silent

Tuesday, December 19, 2006 4:28 AM
  • Wild guess.  Try to install the latest DirectX, and reboot before you run the XNAGSE installer.  Hopefully that will make the installer skip DX installer and avoid the issue.
    Tuesday, December 19, 2006 8:34 AM
  • I did install the DirectX 9.0c (Dez 2006) but same error message and same Error by Eventlog/Apps
    Tuesday, December 19, 2006 1:51 PM
  • If your're still having trouble please follow this guide:

Please try running the installer like this:

Msiexec /i xnagse_setup.msi /lv installlog.txt

In addition to that if you want to grab your %windir%\DirectX.log (%windir% is the root windows directory)

And file a bug on Microsoft Connect with some information and attach the files so we can have a look at it. In addition to that if you have any version of DirectX installed you can run dxdiag from the run menu in windows, saved out a log file and attach that as well.

Thanks!

Here is a link which talks about filing issues on Connect: http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=682921&SiteID=1

Thursday, December 28, 2006 5:02 AM