none
How to add fetch list of data using List Box

Question

• Hi All,

I want to select multiple value in my report by puting "check mark in squre box".How can i do it using list Tool Box.
    Pls suggest.I am new to reporting Services.

Thanks

Thursday, September 26, 2013 10:00 AM

Answers

All replies

• Proposed as answer by Jason A Long Friday, September 27, 2013 2:55 PM
    Thursday, September 26, 2013 10:26 AM
  • Hi Harsh,

Now i got all values in my Filter List Box but When i am selecting Particular Product from list Box Its not filtering that Product in report level.Its showing all in my report.

Bow to do it pls suggest.

Thursday, September 26, 2013 11:46 AM
  • here is an youtube link, which explain how to filter the value -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBuhlUTs2Ak

Regards Harsh

Thursday, September 26, 2013 11:54 AM
  • Hi all,
    i have Created a parameter with "ProductCode" name.
    In my report drop and down drill getting all values of this parameter.But in report level i am not able to filter with selected productcode.Its showing all Products in Report evenif i am selecting 1 productcode.I am using a list box to fetch these values from product_code field of Table.Inside Listbox ,Filters Tab In
    expression i put "=Fields!product_code.Value"
    operator "In"
    Value "=Parameters!ProductCode.Value(0)"

What is wrong with this Why its not linking to my report data field.?Pls Suggest.I am using SSRS 2005.
    • Edited by i_pr Friday, September 27, 2013 8:25 AM
    Friday, September 27, 2013 8:23 AM
  • Hi i_pr,

For expression put  "=cstr(Fields!product_code.Value)",

for the in operator value pass value without single value(remove (0)) "=Parameters!ProductCode.Value"

Let me know in case it does not work.

Regards Harsh

Friday, September 27, 2013 8:50 AM
  • For My  Report Layout i have choosen "MATRIX" Toolbox and inside that i put my" list box "and "table"and i have applied above rule on that List box.It didn't work with

For expression put  "=cstr(Fields!product_code.Value)",

for the in operator value pass value without single value(remove (0)) "=Parameters!ProductCode.Value"

.Still same.Do i need to apply filter on Matrix also.Pls suggest.

Friday, September 27, 2013 9:14 AM
  • not sure, why it is not working for you, i tried on a sample report it works fine.

As you suggested you can try putting the filter to matrix. If possible the move the filter to the dataset (sql query) which is populating the matrix.

For example: select * from <<TableName> where <<ColumnName>> in (@Parameter).

Regards Harsh

Friday, September 27, 2013 9:32 AM
  • Hi My requirement is i have a table  as "Table1" having [product name],[product code] ,[division code],[division name] field data.In my report i want to show all data but also need a product code selection tab on top .Like if i have selected product code 1,2 then it should populate data of those two only.How it can be done in report ssrs 2005.
    I did
    1st step :
    -In data set  Tab: Created a Dataset as "DATASET1"
     written this query
    select [product name],[product code] ,[division code],[division name] from Table1
    2nd Step:
    Created 1 reportparameter as name "ProductCode"
    On Report Parameters ->Name:ProductCode
                   Datetype:string
                     ->Prompt:ProductCode
                check mark put on :multivalue
                ->Avalable values:
                    -from query selected and value field:[product code] and [lebel field]:[product code]
                ->Default values:selected null
    3rd Step:

-Layout Tab:Created one list box for Product code selection
    :Created 1 table structure for
     [product name],[product code] ,[division code],[division name] field data.
    In List Box For expression put  "=cstr(Fields!product_code.Value)",Operator"In",Value=Parameters!ProductCode.Value

Pls suggest wht next shoul i do .
    Friday, September 27, 2013 11:58 AM
  • Hi I_pr,

From your description, it seems that all the steps are correct. I have tested it on my local environment according to your steps, it works fine. What's the problem on your report? Please refer to the links below to see more useful information.
    Tutorial: Adding Parameters to a Basic Tabular Report
    How to: Add a Filter (Report Designer)

If the issue persists, please elaborate the structure of your report, if possible could you please post both the report and the dataset with sample data to us by the following E-mail address? Then, I can try to reproduce the issue again and for further analysis.
    E-mail:sqltnsp@microsoft.com

Regards,

Charlie Liao
    TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, October 01, 2013 7:05 AM