none
When I upload a office word 2003 document ,,C# code is able to read the bookmarks, even if any doc from 2007 I open and save in 2003 then also it works. But its not able to read bookmarks of Office word 2007.

Question

• Please help me.

My solution was first build on asp.net 2.0 and we migrated it to 3.5.

When I upload a office word 2003 document ,,c# code is able to read the bookmarks, even if any doc from 2007 I open and save in 2003 then also it works. But its not able to read bookmarks of Office word 2007.

Do I need to add/reassemble any assembly or any code.

Plz plz  plz help me, Thanks in advance

Monday, October 07, 2013 6:50 AM

Answers

• The Word API code to work with bookmarks in 2007 document is the same as for 2003 documents. That's why I said we need to see your code because you must be doing something that's different from the standard way to "read bookmarks".

Cindy Meister, VSTO/Word MVP, my blog

Thursday, October 10, 2013 1:30 PM

All replies

• Hi vatan,

Welcome to MSDN forums.

Since the issue concerns Word Development, I'm moving it to Word for developers forums where you can contact Word Dev experts. Thanks for your understanding.

Regards,

Damon

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, October 08, 2013 3:10 AM
  • You need to provide more information about HOW your asp.net code is reading the bookmarks (we need to see the relevant code).

Please describe HOW your code is not working: are you getting errors? What are they?

Tuesday, October 08, 2013 3:47 PM
  • Thanks Cindy,

It's not giving error, It's just don't read the bookmarks of office word 2007. but work fine with 2003.

could u plz give me some code samples how to read bookmarks from word 2007.

Wednesday, October 09, 2013 4:04 AM
  • The Word API code to work with bookmarks in 2007 document is the same as for 2003 documents. That's why I said we need to see your code because you must be doing something that's different from the standard way to "read bookmarks".

Thursday, October 10, 2013 1:30 PM