Discussion forum for developing applications using the Bing Map Controls and the Bing Maps Web Service APIs
New Bing Maps ForumsRichard_BrundrittMicrosoft EmployeeFreitag, 16. März 2012 19:04
Today we announced the new Bing Maps developer forums. Rather than having a single forum for Bing Maps we have created 5 seperate froums grouping liked API's. In addition we have also created a Bing Maps category in the MSDN forums which you can access here: http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/bingmaps
The original announcement can be found here: http://www.bing.com/community/site_blogs/b/maps/archive/2012/03/16/the-bing-maps-forums.aspx
Important Information about Bing Maps Spatial Data Services
Since its release earlier this year, we have seen interest in, and usage of, our Bing Maps Spatial Data Services (SDS) grow rapidly.
The result is that at times of peak load the number of evaluation accounts using the service is pre-empting other requests. Today we have made a change to the SDS service that will prioritize requests from Enterprise Accounts. You can check the status of your Account to see if you have an Enterprise Account by logging into the account on the Bing Maps Account Center.
We regret that this means that you will no longer be able to submit new jobs to SDS from non-Enterprise Accounts until you request and are given access to SDS as detailed below. To be clear, data already uploaded to the SDS service can still be queried; it is only when you try to update those data sets, create new ones, or download them that you will receive an error.
If you would like to request access to SDS for a non-Enterprise Account application, you can do so by emailing MAPLIC@microsoft.com with your Account ID and (for publically accessible sites) top level domains. Be sure to send this request from the email account on record in the Bing Maps Account Center. (Replies will only be sent to these accounts so please check your SPAM filters and the usual things that might complicate communication.)
Please also note that if you are using the SDS service from an Enterprise Account, then you should not need to take any action related to production accounts. Your application should not require any changes. If you experience any issues please let us know via your enterprise support contact.
As we continue to enhance the SDS system this process will be improved and made more efficient. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
Sr. Program Manager, Lead
Bing Maps, Microsoft Corp.
Bing Maps 3D control has been discontinuedtanoshimiMVPDonnerstag, 4. November 2010 09:52
On the 2nd November 2010, Microsoft announced that they have discontinued investment in the Bing Maps 3D control Active-X plug-in.
When the next update to www.bing.com/maps is launched, the option to view 3D Maps will be removed.
Current users of 3D Maps can expect the following:
1. Permalinks and the desktop shortcut to 3D Maps will be redirected to Bing Maps with the nearest match to the experience they had in 3D. In most cases this will result only in a loss of the ability to navigate in full 3D.
2. After opening collections with 3D models, the 3D models will be represented as pushpins only. The models will not be accessible from collections.
3. Permalinks to tours will now open the collection manager with a message indicating discontinued support of the feature. Unfortunately there will no longer be an option to view the tour.
The 3D API used by developers to implement 3D mode in their own Bing Maps (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb429547.aspx) will continue to be supported until December 2011.
You can view the announcement by Brian Hendricks, Bing Maps Product Manager, at: http://www.bing.com/community/site_blogs/b/maps/archive/2010/11/02/changes-to-bird-s-eye-and-3d-maps.aspx
Bing Maps AJAX v7 Interactive SDK ReleasedtanoshimiMVPFreitag, 6. Mai 2011 09:16
Released today, the Bing Maps v7 Interactive SDK demonstrates the code required to perform common tasks on the Bing Maps v7 control - how to add shapes to the map, working with tile layers, adding events to the map, together with new features such as getting the user's location and registering custom modules.
You can access the interactive SDK here: http://www.bingmapsportal.com/ISDK/AjaxV7
If you have any questions about the examples used in the iSDK, please start a new thread onthe forum
Filtern und SortierenMit dieser Optionen können Sie die Diskussionsliste eingrenzen.
- 08855Richard_BrundrittMicrosoft EmployeeFreitag, 16. März 2012 19:05
- 946819SoulSolutionsMVPSamstag, 29. September 2007 04:45
- 23122southmartin Dienstag, 28. Februar 2012 22:39
- 63613Jian2012 Dienstag, 31. Januar 2012 11:45
- 13693Brad Mathews Donnerstag, 19. Januar 2012 18:46
- 03296Richard_BrundrittMicrosoft EmployeeDienstag, 17. Januar 2012 10:15
- 13417snensi Mittwoch, 14. Dezember 2011 17:16
- 13341Wrda Mittwoch, 4. Januar 2012 14:11
How to find the latitude and longitude by using the GeoCode Service for the similar address number, address street.Vipul Sing Mittwoch, 21. Dezember 2011 13:59
- 13520bama_earl Montag, 12. Dezember 2011 19:38
- 13419227Chris Pietschmann Freitag, 3. Dezember 2010 04:23
- 03278Richard_BrundrittMicrosoft EmployeeDonnerstag, 8. Dezember 2011 17:22
- 53304Wrda Sonntag, 4. Dezember 2011 21:46
- 13275sonhai1711 Sonntag, 4. Dezember 2011 07:05
- 13234karvex Mittwoch, 30. November 2011 13:14
- 13311ebgHendriks Mittwoch, 30. November 2011 15:53
- 23975Heshti Dienstag, 29. November 2011 05:37
- 43715Julien Poirier Dienstag, 22. November 2011 21:05
- 04259Richard_BrundrittMicrosoft EmployeeMontag, 21. November 2011 20:40
- 72690Thomas Buchmann Donnerstag, 17. November 2011 12:46
- 104022RazrNL Mittwoch, 21. September 2011 14:52
- 11797ANATOLIUM Montag, 14. November 2011 11:58