Dienstag, 8. November 2005 13:53Hi,
If I needed to move my existing team system server to a new domain would it be possible or would it be really difficult? Could I just join the new domain?
Thanks for your help
Dienstag, 8. November 2005 14:06
I have done this. Moving the server from one domain to another went on with ease. I have a dual server installation. The steps I followed were.
- First moved both the servers onto the new domain.
- Created accounts TFSService, TFSSetup and TFSReports under the new domain and added them as administrators of the new machines.
- Changed the app pool logon setting with the new credentials in the app tier.
- Changed the TFSScheduler service to run on the new account.
I followed the above steps and I was able to get the VSTS installation working fine in the new domain.
Dienstag, 6. März 2012 17:08
This was difficult for me. The new virtual server is in a new domain, AND the server name is different. I follow the steps in http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms404883(v=vs.100).aspx#FixSPT but cannot get past the sharepoint configuration.
When changing Sharepoint accounts, as directed in http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms404883(v=vs.100).aspx#FixSPT ,
1. "Cannot connect to the configuration database" when I try to open the central admin site,
2. A network-related or instance-specific error occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server. The server was not found or was not accessible. Verify that the instance name is correct and that SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40 - Could not open a connection to SQL Server)