none
dqsinstaller.exe exportkbs does not export a backup

Frage

• I've tried numerous times to export my KBs from DQS.  I run the command line tool (runas admin on the cmd prompt)  and the command executes almost immediately with no errors and no backup file as I specified (dqsinstaller.exe –exportkbs c:\PDM\DQSBackup.dqsb)  I am on SQL 2012 SP1 CU 4.  This is all very frustrating.  I have 4 Envs (Local, DEV, QA,PROD)  Each env has a DQS install and the id's for the domains on each env are not the same so every time I deploy an SSIS package that has a DQS cleansing component, I have to un-map all the domain mappings and remap.  A recent CU did fix the connection string for DQS so at least I don't have to fix the connection string every time a deploy but it is extremely irritating that the IDs for the domain attributes are hard coded and none of my environments are in sync.  I'm not even sure if restoring KB backups is even going to solve my issue.  I could use some suggestions on how to get all four DQS envs in sync so that the IDs for the domain attributes are not different.  This would make code promotion much less painful!  

Chad Dotzenrod SWC | TECHNOLOGY PARTNERS 1420 Kensington Road, Suite 110 Oak Brook, Illinois 60523-2144 http://www.swc.com

Donnerstag, 31. Oktober 2013 14:53

Alle Antworten

• I might add that I tried doing a database backup/restore and then re-apply the password key.   That did not work at all.  For a moment I thought maybe I used the wrong key so I reset one server with a new key, imported a KB, did a database backup, restored backup to SERVER B and used the 'EXECUTE [internal_core].[RestoreDQDatabases] 'Password' command and it didn't like the password even though that was the password I used.  I'm throwing in the towel and resigning myself to the agony of having to always remap domain attributes for the cleansing component every time I deploy SSIS (YUCKY!).  Really regretting using the DQS cleansing component!  By this this time I've wasted far too much energy using it.  

Chad Dotzenrod SWC | TECHNOLOGY PARTNERS 1420 Kensington Road, Suite 110 Oak Brook, Illinois 60523-2144 http://www.swc.com

Donnerstag, 31. Oktober 2013 19:09