none
ASMX (OOTB SharePoint Web Service) reference in Custom web part

Frage

• I have created a web part that consumes socialdataservice.asmx. For this I created a web reference to socialdataservice.asmx and creatd a proxy "socialservice".

In the code;

socialservice.SocialDataService proxy = new socialservice.SocialDataService();
                                proxy.PreAuthenticate = true;
                                proxy.Credentials = System.Net.CredentialCache.DefaultCredentials;
                                socialservice.SocialTermDetail[] tagDetails = proxy.GetTagTermsOnUrl(webURL, 50);
                                string[] users = new string[100];

This code is working fine in my DEV but when I moved this to QA - Its causing the following exception

"Server was unable to process request"

how to resolve this?

Thanks

Dienstag, 1. Mai 2012 16:16

Antworten

Alle Antworten

• could you provide logs from ULS for this error ? are you sure that you have the right permissions ?

My SharePoint Blog

Dienstag, 1. Mai 2012 16:22
  • My reference.cs file contains the following code where the url points to server:6000 root site collection

public SocialDataService() {
                this.Url = "http://server:6000/_vti_bin/socialdataservice.asmx";
                if ((this.IsLocalFileSystemWebService(this.Url) == true)) {
                    this.UseDefaultCredentials = true;
                    this.useDefaultCredentialsSetExplicitly = false;
                }
                else {
                    this.useDefaultCredentialsSetExplicitly = true;
                }
            }

I was wondering how to make it generic that will help us to point to the dite collection where the web part is installed?

Dienstag, 1. Mai 2012 16:51
  • Ya normally in your code along with PreAuthenticate and Credentials, you'd set the Url property to the path to the asmx file, something like SPContext.Current.Web.Url + "/_vti_bin/socialdataservice.asmx";

Please mark my response as an answer if appropriate.
    Learn.SharePoint.com

Dienstag, 1. Mai 2012 16:56