Exporting Load Test Results

Frage

• Hi,

I am running load test runs on two different system with VSTeam Suite on both. I am trying to export results on the other system to the local system. When I try to open the results, i get an error :Could not read results repository. An error occured while connecting to the server....Error 26 - Error locating server\instance specified)

I checked that the SQLserver has the TCP/IP enabled but am not able to open the SQL server surface area configuration to check to see if remote connections are enabled.When i click on surface area configuration for services and connections, I get an error " Could not load file or assembly "Microsoft.SqlServer.CustomControls, Version=9.0.242.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKey Token=89845dcd8080cc91' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified (SQLSAC)". No files related to this option are found.

Can anyone suggest how to repair this issue?

Thanks,

Montag, 22. Mai 2006 15:36

Antworten

• I think the following will do it for you:

sqlcmd -s <dbname>
    use loadtest
    exec sp_grantdbaccess 'domain\user','user'
    exec sp_addrolemember 'db_datareader','user'

1) Replace <dbname> with your database name.  If it is the default database, then this is .\sqlexpress

2) replace 'domain\user' with the account you want to give access to and replace 'user' with a username to store this in the database.  For example,

exec sp_grantdbaccess 'company\sean','sean'

3) Replace 'user' in the last statement with the user name you gave in the third statement.  So in my example,

exec sp_addrolemember 'db_datareader','sean'

Montag, 12. Juni 2006 13:16

Alle Antworten

• Are you able to open the SQL Server Configuration Manager?  If so try these instructions:

Visual Studio 2005 Team Edition for Testers: Load Test Results Stored in SQL Express might not be Accessible from Remote Computers 

The SQL Express configuration and the Windows Firewall might block remote access to load test results stored in SQL Express. A default installation for SQL Express disables remote access to the database. Load Controller setup automatically sets the SQL Express configuration and the Windows Firewall configuration to allow remote access to SQL Express. However, setup on makes these configuration changes if it also installs SQL Express. Visual Studio setup can also install SQL Express but does not automatically change the SQL Express and Windows Firewall configuration to allow remote access.

The following message is displayed when the load test results viewer is unable to remotely access to a load test result in SQL Express:

"Could not read result repository: Could not access the load test results repository: An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server. When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections."

To resolve this issue

Manually configure SQL Express and the Windows Firewall to allow remote access. Use the following steps to enable remote access to SQL Express:

1. Open the SQL Server Configuration Manager by clicking Start, All Programs, Microsoft SQL Server 2005, Configuration Tools, SQL Server Configuration Manager.
    2. In the left pane of the SQL Server Configuration Manger, expand the node for SQL Server 2005 Network Configuration and select Protocols for SQLEXPRESS.
    3. In the right pane, right-click Named Pipes and choose Enable.
    4. Right-click TCIP/IP and choose Enable.
    5. In the left pane, select SQL Server 2005 Services.
    6. In the right pane, right-click SQL Server Browser and choose Properties.
    7. Click the Services tab in the Properties dialog box.
    8. On the Services page, set the Start Mode property to Automatic and click OK.
    9. Right-click SQL Server Browser and choose Start.
    10. Right click SQL Server (SQLEXPRESS) and choose Restart.

Use the following steps to configure the Windows firewall.

1. Open the Windows Firewall dialog box and click the Exceptions tab.
    2. Click Add Program and Browse to find sqlbrowser.exe and click OK.
    3. Click Add Program and Browse to find sqlservr.exe. Click OK.
    4. Click Add Port and enter “SQL Service” for Name, 1433 for Port number, and select the TCP radio button.
    5. Click OK on the Windows Firewall dialog

Montag, 22. Mai 2006 21:24
  • Thanks for the response.Followed all the steps. I have another error coming up now "load test results cannot be restored because a results repository was not used when the load test was run" when I try to open the load test results exported from the second computer onto mine.These results open fine on the computer the test is run on. Also, My system is able to open results for tests run on my system. This problem occurs only when trying to open the results from remote computer.

Can you please assist?

Thanks,

Dienstag, 23. Mai 2006 13:40
  • Can you check the connection string that the results are being logged to.  You can do this from the Administer Test Controller dialog.  Test -> Administer Test controllers ...

If you are running locally, which is the default, then what is the connection string when <local> is in the controller text box.  Check to see if you have localhost instead of the machine name.

Dienstag, 23. Mai 2006 15:10
  • I checked the load test results store settings and the datasource on both systems is the computername\SQLEXPRESS

on my computer, datasource is mycomputer\sqlexpress and on the second computer, its secondcomputer\sqlexpress

Dienstag, 23. Mai 2006 16:23
  • are you running as the same user on both machines.  The user who is reading the results needs access to the database.
    Donnerstag, 25. Mai 2006 12:56
  • No, both machines have different users. This might be the issue. Can you please suggest how to grant read access to database on one system to the user on another system?
    Dienstag, 30. Mai 2006 14:44
  • I think the following will do it for you:

sqlcmd -s <dbname>
    use loadtest
    exec sp_grantdbaccess 'domain\user','user'
    exec sp_addrolemember 'db_datareader','user'

1) Replace <dbname> with your database name.  If it is the default database, then this is .\sqlexpress

2) replace 'domain\user' with the account you want to give access to and replace 'user' with a username to store this in the database.  For example,

exec sp_grantdbaccess 'company\sean','sean'

3) Replace 'user' in the last statement with the user name you gave in the third statement.  So in my example,

exec sp_addrolemember 'db_datareader','sean'

Montag, 12. Juni 2006 13:16