Visual Studio 2010 is waiting for an internal operation to complete

Frage

• All,

I know I'm not the only developer experiencing this issue but only within the last month I started receiving Visual Studio 2010 hangs while running running a simple ASPX web project within the IDE.  On stopping the execution or closing the web page VS2010 hangs and becomes completely unusable - stating that VS is busy.  It never returns and I have to stop the DEVENV process, resulting in a complete shutdown of VS.

Until now (1 1/2 years) I've been developing a Winforms application with no issues, other than VS2010 IDE errors that have been documented and I've been able to work around.  Now, like my Web project, I am also experiencing the same hang but not as frequently.  Other documented cases is this forum don't apply in this case since I'm not working with an IIS web site.

Additionally, in reading the forum messages I notice this issue has been around for years and has caused a great deal of grief and delay to many development projects.  I'm running Win7 Pro, VS2010 pro on a Pentium Dual-Core CPU 2.20 Ghz with 4 GB memory laptop running in 32 bit mode.  I'm very concerned at this stage of the process to upgrade to VS2010 SP1 since I've read too many horror stories online and can't take the risk of affecting the only support environment i have for my Winforms application that is currently in production.

Any advice from anyone on this forum would be greatly appreciated. 

DONALD E. KERNS
    Donnerstag, 2. Februar 2012 15:26

Antworten

Alle Antworten

• Hi Yamahaman,

Welcome to the MSDN Forum.

Please the solutions here : http://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudio/feedback/details/498240/microsoft-visual-studio-is-waiting-for-an-internal-operation-to-complete

There are 10 workarounds, please try it. (although it is for VS2010 beta 1, it is worth to try them)

And there is a similar thread for your reference: http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vssetup/thread/8a3806ec-682b-4be4-b74f-cc6f08cd6b2b

Best regards,

Mike Feng
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Freitag, 3. Februar 2012 12:45
  • Hi Yamahaman,

We don't hear from you a couple of days. How about your issue now?

Is the workaround helpful?

Best regards,

Mike Feng
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Donnerstag, 9. Februar 2012 10:00
  • Hi Mike,

Sorry for the delay in replying.  After backing up my projects and trying a few work arounds I chose to perform a VS 2010 repair.  After reinstall/repair this issue no longer occurred.  I haven't had the nerve to try an upgrade to SP1 yet, but expect to try and upgrade to SP1 at a later date.

Thanks for your assistance.

Regards,

Don

DONALD E. KERNS

• Als Antwort markiert Yamahaman Montag, 5. März 2012 21:28
    • Tag als Antwort aufgehoben Yamahaman Montag, 5. März 2012 21:28
    • Als Antwort markiert Yamahaman Montag, 5. März 2012 21:29
    Montag, 5. März 2012 21:27
  • Please edit this entry to correct the URLs as the now point at a 404:

Page Not Found

The content that you requested cannot be found or you do not have permission to view it.

If you believe you have reached this page in error, click the Help link at the top of the page to report the issue and include this ID in your e-mail: f4328a53-332d-4a08-8226-d72b663065a6

Montag, 17. September 2012 11:21