Load Pattern- No of request/sec not consistent

Frage

• Hi,

My goal is as follows

I have a Web test of 6 urls request.My user load is 1000 users for 2 mins duration.

So its 6000 total request and 50 req/sec.(theoritically)

I tried constant load pattern and step load pattern to achive this.But the result is not as expected.

My expection was 

1000 Users

2 min duration

6000 requests

50 Req/sec

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2000 Users

2 min duration

12000 requests

100 Req/sec

How could i achive this.I have tired disabling the caching("Percentage of new users" to 100%").

Note:The values request and Req/Sec should be have some correlation when no.of user increased.

Thanks

Raj

Sonntag, 19. Februar 2012 17:13

Antworten

• Hi,

You are ignoring the response time in your calculation. So if the reposne time was 1 sec and you had 1000 users, you would get 1000 req/sec. However, the reponse time is never constant and increases as you increase the load.

The best way to achieve your goal is to create a goal based test such that the load increases until you achieve a particular req/sec. See http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/ar/vstswebtest/thread/74b92317-dcdc-4dd8-a136-ac2dad660e28

Thanks,

Anuj

http://www.anujchaudhary.com

Montag, 20. Februar 2012 22:16
  • Hi Raj,

You can set the goal based load pattern by Right click your Load Pattern in scenario -> Properties -> Change Pattern property to Goal based.

Since you want to achieve a specific value of Request /Sec, specify its category/counter in category/counter property and the High End/Low End properties to desired values.

Note that the load test increases/decreases the virtual user load to reach to a load that generates counter value mentioned in the goal. So, Its not likely to reach to a specific Req/Sec with specific number of users until your tests have exactly matching number of requests and pace. The load test actual user load will increase(or decrease) by the count mentioned here to reach to the required goal. If you mention the Maximum User count to a value such that the Request/Sec for those many users is not reaching to 1000 then the load test will not increase the user load after that. So it is adviseable to keep that count to a higher value which ensures the required goal is reached.

-Tejas.

Mittwoch, 22. Februar 2012 13:34

Alle Antworten

• Hi,

You are ignoring the response time in your calculation. So if the reposne time was 1 sec and you had 1000 users, you would get 1000 req/sec. However, the reponse time is never constant and increases as you increase the load.

The best way to achieve your goal is to create a goal based test such that the load increases until you achieve a particular req/sec. See http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/ar/vstswebtest/thread/74b92317-dcdc-4dd8-a136-ac2dad660e28

Thanks,

Anuj

http://www.anujchaudhary.com

Montag, 20. Februar 2012 22:16
  • Hi Anuj,

Thanks for the reply.Can you help me how to do Goal based test for the scenerio

i need to reach 1000 Req/sec for 1000 users.

What the setting values to be used.

Regards,

Raj

Mittwoch, 22. Februar 2012 12:44
  • Hi Raj,

You can set the goal based load pattern by Right click your Load Pattern in scenario -> Properties -> Change Pattern property to Goal based.

Since you want to achieve a specific value of Request /Sec, specify its category/counter in category/counter property and the High End/Low End properties to desired values.

Note that the load test increases/decreases the virtual user load to reach to a load that generates counter value mentioned in the goal. So, Its not likely to reach to a specific Req/Sec with specific number of users until your tests have exactly matching number of requests and pace. The load test actual user load will increase(or decrease) by the count mentioned here to reach to the required goal. If you mention the Maximum User count to a value such that the Request/Sec for those many users is not reaching to 1000 then the load test will not increase the user load after that. So it is adviseable to keep that count to a higher value which ensures the required goal is reached.

-Tejas.

Mittwoch, 22. Februar 2012 13:34