none
Conflict between Read-Only and Combo Boxes

Frage

• Hi,

I am experiencing conflict between a Read Only form and a Combo Box control.

I have two forms; Form A and Form B

Form A is a Master form, on it there is a Combo Box A with a set of values, below it is a button.

When you click the button on Form A it will open Form B, limiting records to those that contain the values selected in Combo Box A.

However, in the macro that runs the button on Form A, it sets Form B to Read-Only to prevent users changing data.

Form B shows the relevant records, however I would like to put a Combo Box B on Form B so that users can select records that are available with the filter that is in place.

The issue I have is that because Form B is Read-Only, a user cannot select a value from Combo Box B.

I really hope that made sense, and hopefully someone can help.

Thanks,

Clarkey

• Bearbeitet Clarkey_458 Freitag, 11. Oktober 2013 23:27 Typing Error
    Freitag, 11. Oktober 2013 23:27

Antworten

• >>However, in the macro that runs the button on Form A, it sets Form B to Read-Only to prevent users changing data.

Form B shows the relevant records, however I would like to put a Combo Box B on Form B so that users can select records that are available with the filter that is in place.<<

That depends on how you set your code/macro and the setup of your Forms.  From [Form A], you can open [Form B] in edit mode (which is needed so that you can change the value of the navigation/filtering ComboBox on [Form B]) but cannot change the underlying data in the bound Controls (e.g. by setting the Recordset Type Property of the [Form B] to "Snapshot" or setting the Enabled Property and Locked Property of the bound Controls on [Form B].

Van Dinh

• Als Antwort markiert Clarkey_458 Sonntag, 13. Oktober 2013 04:01
    • Bearbeitet Van DinhMVP Sonntag, 13. Oktober 2013 04:58 Typos
    Samstag, 12. Oktober 2013 04:45

Alle Antworten

• >>However, in the macro that runs the button on Form A, it sets Form B to Read-Only to prevent users changing data.

Form B shows the relevant records, however I would like to put a Combo Box B on Form B so that users can select records that are available with the filter that is in place.<<

That depends on how you set your code/macro and the setup of your Forms.  From [Form A], you can open [Form B] in edit mode (which is needed so that you can change the value of the navigation/filtering ComboBox on [Form B]) but cannot change the underlying data in the bound Controls (e.g. by setting the Recordset Type Property of the [Form B] to "Snapshot" or setting the Enabled Property and Locked Property of the bound Controls on [Form B].

Van Dinh

• Als Antwort markiert Clarkey_458 Sonntag, 13. Oktober 2013 04:01
    • Bearbeitet Van DinhMVP Sonntag, 13. Oktober 2013 04:58 Typos
    Samstag, 12. Oktober 2013 04:45
  • Van Dinh,

Thank you for your response, that has done the trick!

Clarkey

Sonntag, 13. Oktober 2013 04:01