Incorrect secondary replica file paths when file paths differ between primary and secondary

Frage

• I have a database in an AG whose secondary replica has different file paths (a mount point) than the primary. This secondary replica's file paths shown in SSMS are always the same as the primary database, even though they are not the same. I did failover, the secondary becomes primary, now the paths are correct, but the previous primary's paths become incorrect. Is this known issue? I am using RC0.

Thanks!

Donnerstag, 16. Februar 2012 19:46

Alle Antworten

• you can manully restore the full backup and the transaction log backup files with NORECOVERY on the replica (using the proper new file paths) and the specify "JOIN" when running the AG wizard

Javier Villegas | @javier_villhttp://sql-javier-villegas.blogspot.com/

Please click "Propose As Answer" if a post solves your problem or "Vote As Helpful" if a post has been useful to you

Donnerstag, 16. Februar 2012 20:10
  • I am not adding a database to an AG. I am interested in querying file paths of secondary replicas, and the result is incorrect even from SSMS.
    Donnerstag, 16. Februar 2012 20:48
  • I have seen this issue too. It seems that the DMVs for the file paths are somehow stored or cached within the database. My assumption is that with the new readable secondary feature you are actually looking at the readable copies of the primary instead of the metadata on the secondary.

Freitag, 17. Februar 2012 06:27
  • I am basically interested in using SMO (or any other means) to programmatically find out all file paths of the secondary replicas. I haven't tried SMO yet, but I can see it is not working with SSMS. Thanks.
    Freitag, 17. Februar 2012 15:59