none
LinkToSql - Performance

Frage

• Hi All

I was hoping someone could help me with LinkToSql question. I have small 2 tier application (about 3000 record) which connects over a vpn to a sql server at the main office. The issue is application clients in the head office open virtually instantly however the remote application takes about 40-50 seconds to open. Once the application is open it performs quite well with only half a second notible difference in remote application compared to the local installs.       

The VPN appears to have good ping rates and we can move files with reasonable speed for one location to the other so I had ruled out a network issue. My Question is does linq do some form of local caching or something which may cause this lag in the application starting?

Thanks in advance

Andrew

Mittwoch, 7. März 2012 05:01

Antworten

• Hi Andrew;

Linq to SQL only connects to the SQL server once a DataContext has been instantiated and a Linq query has been executed. Linq to SQL works in a disconnected framework model and uses a well used ADO.Net framework to connect to the server. So it may be something else causing the issue.

Fernando (MCSD)

If a post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on that post and "Mark as Helpful".

Mittwoch, 7. März 2012 17:16

Alle Antworten

• Hi Andrew;

Linq to SQL only connects to the SQL server once a DataContext has been instantiated and a Linq query has been executed. Linq to SQL works in a disconnected framework model and uses a well used ADO.Net framework to connect to the server. So it may be something else causing the issue.

Fernando (MCSD)

If a post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on that post and "Mark as Helpful".

Mittwoch, 7. März 2012 17:16
  • Thanks Fernando

I'll look else where thanks for your reply

Freitag, 9. März 2012 01:22